Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
If you post the area you are in, a member in your area might have some info. Also, if you are comfortable with doing your own, just keep all your paperwork on oil, filter, date, milage following HD list of what is to be done( HD maintenance manual is useful for that).

Reactions: Stinkybird

·
Registered
22 Road Glide Special
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you post the area you are in, a member in your area might have some info. Also, if you are comfortable with doing your own, just keep all your paperwork on oil, filter, date, milage following HD list of what is to be done( HD maintenance manual is useful for that).
I'm in northern NJ. I figured I'd let the dealer do the 1st service and then I'd take it from there. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
FYI … I’m in SoCal. I let my local Dealer do my 1k service in early 2020 and was charged $300. I’ve done the rest of my services myself.

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
Yeah those are high quotes. I’d keep searching or ask them to itemize the amounts.

Reactions: Stinkybird

·
Registered
236 Posts
Save the money and do it yourself. The dealer will have the least qualified shithead do the service. They won't fill any of the fluids to the correct level, and they know how to use a torque wrench. I speak from experience, the only time the dealers service dept touches my bike if for warranty work. If you don't want to do the service yourself, find any indy.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Or, he could place a couple of phone calls.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Currently $300 for Dino oil and black filter in my AO (central Texas). Extra for SYN3 and/or chrome filter. I had the 1K done at dealership back in 2019 as it was during the time when trans to primary oil migration was a really hot topic and I wanted them to have eyes on it and make sure everything got documented.

Reactions: Vinnie

·
Registered
2019 road glide special - 2005 wide glide
158 Posts
You paid a lot of money for a big HD. You can afford the dealership service cost and now is documented. If your to cheap to pay the dealerships cost or too poor you should have bought an Indian.
There's a difference between being able to afford something and being taken advantage of or overpaying for something. A fool soon parts with his money. Just because you bought a harley doesn't mean you pay over 3 hours service plus parts for an 18 year old to do the first service who isn't going to be checking all the things that are supposed to be included in the 1k.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts