Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up the install of ny new stereo system... Yea, it kicks ass!
Only got to hear it in the garage as there's mucho snow in the Boat.
The System; stock HK head unit with front & rear preamp outputs added and rear fade function activated by Iron Cross Audio, JL Audio C3 components up front, powered by a Hawg Wired RS400 amp, CycleSounds lids with Hertz HCX690, powered by another RS400. Still waiting on the HW remote to dial it all in.
Replaced the Arc Audio amp with the HW up front - Wow what a difference, much fuller sound. The Hertz are killer! Great bottom end.
Time consuming install, used heat shink all connections, power and rear speaker lumes. Couldn't have been more than 10 trips to Napa.:eek::D:cool:
Gonna be trailering it down to Denver next week for the rest of my winter mods to get installed, so I'm hoping to get a few hours getting to hear the tunes on the road.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Sounds good, will we be checking it out at SWIII? :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So ya got 4-speakers , and 800 watts ,...200 watts per channel ,...rite? or 6 if the components are seperate, tweeters and speaker.
I guess you could call it 6, the tweeters are sepeate, but I consider it 4. The amps are 400 watts if run in a 2 ohm configuration, I'm running them at 4 ohms, so it's 100 watts per channel, so 400 watts total. But it sounds like a very clean 400 watts!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Sounds great. I can hear it from here!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
ahh-ite ,...
Did you , when you hooked up ur front speakers , come off the wire already hooked up to the front main speaker for your tweeter, or did you run a seperate wire off the amp for the tweeter?
Or,...did ur speakers for the front , have a 3 terminal post? As in just hook it up like , regular, then ur tweeter runs off the 3rd post?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahh-ite ,...
Did you , when you hooked up ur front speakers , come off the wire already hooked up to the front main speaker for your tweeter, or did you run a seperate wire off the amp for the tweeter?
Or,...did ur speakers for the front , have a 3 terminal post? As in just hook it up like , regular, then ur tweeter runs off the 3rd post?
Those speakers have a separate crossover, so both the 5x7 woofer and the tweeter connect to the crossover, and the crossover connects to the amp.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Does anyone have an update as to when the Hawg Wired Remote will be shipped?
I've called and emailed them but no one can give me a straight answer.
Awesome Product & Custoomer Service but you would think that they would have everything available before they offered them for sale.
Mike U.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Does anyone have an update as to when the Hawg Wired Remote will be shipped?
I've called and emailed them but no one can give me a straight answer.
Awesome Product & Custoomer Service but you would think that they would have everything available before they offered them for sale.
Mike U.
I talked to them yesterday, I was hoping to have it before Bike week, doesn't look like that's going to happen, latest date is April 1. :(

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
!

I talked to them yesterday, I was hoping to have it before Bike week, doesn't look like that's going to happen, latest date is April 1. :(
Thanks dbell66253!
Guess I'll put my bike back together on Sunday.
When the remote finally shows up I'll just have to take the fairing off again to install it.
Not too happy about that, as I placed my order on December 26, 2012 and it's now March 1, 2013.
Oh Well! Guess it could be worse.
At least I have the rest of the HW 6 Pack installed.
The life of a Harley Owner. Ha Ha Ha!
Mike U.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts