Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was awesome!

My wife and I decided to do our first long road trip with a friend of mine. We're still newbies to our RGU, but it sure did a great job. My friend has ridden more and has an '11 Street Glide. We were having dinner a couple of weeks ago and he commented he'd always wanted to ride to Niagara Falls . . . and my wife and I just looked at each other. She had just said a couple of days before that one of our long rides needs to be to Niagara. So - the ride was on!

We left the upstate SC Thursday. First night in Summersville, WV; 2nd night in Bradford, PA. That left Saturday for 100ish miles to Niagara - some sight seeing - and 100ish miles back down to Orleans, NY. That left day 4 riding back to Summersville, WV and then home yesterday. 1892 miles roundtrip! (including a few necessary and enjoyable getting lost excursions . . .. :))

So rode through SC, NC, VA, WV, PA, MD and NY. We were sore when we got back - but what a great ride. We rode charmed - almost NO rain. Never got wet, just a few sprinkles. I'd never been to Niagara. We really enjoyed seeing the falls. Great scenery everywhere - especially VA and MD. And, PROUD of my wife. She did great and enjoyed it, too!

What a great ride. The RGU was awesome!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more pics . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The wife and I want to take the same ride from Central Alabama. Glad you had a good trip. These machines were made to eat up the miles.
That kind of distance will let you know if you need to make any comfort changes like bars, seat, suspension.
You will find all kinds of threads on all of these in here.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
. . . and a few more

Attachments

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did wonder about changing the seat if we did a lot of longer trips. I was fairly sore and a little chaffed. But, overall the bike really did wonderfully. I love cruise control!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome urinal at the Debois HD shop . . . the clutch handle actually flushed the urinal. And, here's a neat pic of my buddy crossing a bridge . .. .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
. . . and this is probably enough pics to put anyone to sleep still reading.

All in all, it was a great trip. We really enjoyed the ride!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Thanks for the pics, it is great enjoying what you love with the one you love!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts