Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wife and I just completed our 1st trip on our 2012 Road Glide Ultra we bought last March. We rode 2 up from Chicago to Sunbury Ohio for the 100th Anniversary of the A.D.Farrow Harley Dealership. A total of 803 miles round trip.
So far the bike is completely stock except for the Synthetic oil put in at the 1st inspection. The bike ran Flawless ! I rode at 75 to 85 mph for most of the highway miles and got between 41 & 42 miles per gallon. I absolutely Love the Cruise control.

I will have to get highway pegs and a cup holder for our next trip though. I was happy with the windshield protection and the seat was comfortable enough. I have a sheepskin I used on the Shovel that I might try for the next trip to help with the "Itchy Butt" though the forward pegs may help that too.

The only trouble I ran into was self inflicted. I forgot the SunScreen and got a pretty severe case of raccoon eyes from my sunglasses and doo rag.

My Wife enjoyed the trip and just relaxed,listened to tunes and played games on her i-phone. I'm so glad we bought this bike.

Thank's to all at this site for the helpful info.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's a beautiful thing ! Did a 2500 miler last summer with the wife and we both loved every mile. Hope you have many more rides ahead.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sounds like it was a fun trip! I do know that my wife likes rising with me on the RGU a lot more than on the RK Police!

If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congrats on the 1st road trip with yer RG. I have yet to put my RG through the paces whenever I can make time for my 1st RG road trip. Just a ton of local cruisin fer now. Ride safe! :cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. When I first got my RGU I rushed to get 1,000 on it in order to make the Run For The Wall Run. 3,500 miles later I will admit I was ready to get out of the saddle, but loved the ride of it.

Hope you and your wife enjoy many more rides on the RG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Riding

Sorry for posting in the wrong area.

Thank's for all the replies. My Wife and I are both hoping this will be the 1st of many Road trip's on the New Shark. The main reason we chose this bike, Other than the Fantastic Look , was to do alot more and longer rides.

My Old Shovel was beginning to be more unreliable. When I was single it was no problem if a repair had to be made on the side of the road . But the 1st time my Wife had to walk a mile home in the rain after the coil shorted out ,was the last.

I really appreciate this forum and it's members. I am able to learn about accessories for the bike and get honest opinions on their performance and usefullness.

Thank's again to All. Many more Miles ahead

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thats Nice.......

Glad it was a positive experience for both of you. May want to think about the "four corners run" this fall out in the Colorado area. GORGEOUS.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Wife and I just completed our 1st trip on our 2012 Road Glide Ultra we bought last March. We rode 2 up from Chicago to Sunbury Ohio for the 100th Anniversary of the A.D.Farrow Harley Dealership. A total of 803 miles round trip.
So far the bike is completely stock except for the Synthetic oil put in at the 1st inspection. The bike ran Flawless ! I rode at 75 to 85 mph for most of the highway miles and got between 41 & 42 miles per gallon. I absolutely Love the Cruise control.

I will have to get highway pegs and a cup holder for our next trip though. I was happy with the windshield protection and the seat was comfortable enough. I have a sheepskin I used on the Shovel that I might try for the next trip to help with the "Itchy Butt" though the forward pegs may help that too.

The only trouble I ran into was self inflicted. I forgot the SunScreen and got a pretty severe case of raccoon eyes from my sunglasses and doo rag.

My Wife enjoyed the trip and just relaxed,listened to tunes and played games on her i-phone. I'm so glad we bought this bike.

Thank's to all at this site for the helpful info.
I was at that celebration as well. Good concert but was disappointed in the vendors there.

My wife and I are getting ready for our first road trip on the new bike (2012 FLTRX). Heading from Central Ohio down to Nashville then over Memphis. Total trip will be about 1400 miles over July 4th week. Just finished fist service and bike should be set up for long haul now. I was sold on the road glide from the beginning but torn between the ultra and custom. Decided on custom but it took weeks for me to make up my mind :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts