Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my Kury bag packed. New tent and ultra thin sleeping bag. Tomorrow July 2nd Heading from NE Ohio on lake Erie down to a KOA in Argillite KY. For night 1. Then weather permitting may head down to Nashville. There's 3 KOA campgrounds down there. Then east and north to central Virginia. Then to my other house in South Eastern PA. Then over to Gettysburg to see my friends for a day. Then home.

Well. That's the plan.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
We are in that, "Will it rain or will it miss us" time of year. When you look at the radar it is raining somewhere within 100 miles of us and we just don't know if we will come around a bend into a rain. The winds and the clouds give a good indication and a 1/2 hour wait under a gas station awning for it to pass is usually all that is required.

Have a great ride!

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are in that, "Will it rain or will it miss us" time of year. When you look at the radar it is raining somewhere within 100 miles of us and we just don't know if we will come around a bend into a rain. The winds and the clouds give a good indication and a 1/2 hour wait under a gas station awning for it to pass is usually all that is required.

Have a great ride!
Thanks. Been watching the weather for 2 weeks. Praying for good weather.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
You're good for tomorrow. We're riding down to Hocking Hills for lunch. Will be an all day trip I'm sure. If you're passing through Canton around 9am, we may see you.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hammered out 646 miles. I was at my initial stop at 3. Fuck that. I hit the road. All 3 KOA in Nashville were booked and the ones kinda in the middle were too. So Bowling Green was my only real option before dark. It was a lot of highway. But it's fine with me. On a 2 lane I'm more in a zone of what's in front of me and what's about to happen. I can't sight see. I drove truck for years. I k ow how to catch the sites on a 4 lane and a 6 lane. I actually see more. This is the first tent camping run for me so it's a learning curve. I camped a lot so I know KOA. Clean and safe. 37 bucks for my site. Water and elec.

The camp store closed. So no fire wood. It rained here recently. So scavenging is out. But I stopped and grabbed a quart and a small bottle of Jack. I was hoping the store would be open. I'd buy a little cheap cooler and get Guiness. Nope. But they had my reservation hanging in the laundry room.

Lotsa women walking by checking out the guy on a Harley with a tent. Lol. I guess some guys are getting laid tonight.

This fucking rocks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Have a great ride. I love motorcycle camping. You need to drink your beer fast or it gets warm. I have a small fabric lunch cooler from Walmart that helps some. Holds about 12 cans. You'll be about 15 miles south of me when you're in Gettysburg. Safe travels.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brave man drinking Tennessee whiskey in Kentucky Bourbon territory. :)

Are you going to make it down to the distillery on this trip?
Not sure. I know I am in Spetember. That's going to be total tourism. This trip is just me and some miles. No destination. I may be sleeping in Florida tonight. Best part is I don't know.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Man thats just awesome! Have fun and keep the pictures coming for us poor working folk. Be safe and enjoy. Tomorrow is not promised...

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds awesome! Have a safe and great trip! When you planning to hit Gettysburg?
Aiming for Thursday. I want to be home Friday. There's a benefit run for the local dog shelter I don't want to miss.
Man thats just awesome! Have fun and keep the pictures coming for us poor working folk. Be safe and enjoy. Tomorrow is not promised...
Knocking out some bucket list shit right here. I was given a second chance at life. I'm living it. This is fucking awesome. I think everyone should do it. I'm slacking on the pics. Sorry guys. Just riding.

I'm hoping in 2019 to do a coast to coast tent trip.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have a great ride. I love motorcycle camping. You need to drink your beer fast or it gets warm. I have a small fabric lunch cooler from Walmart that helps some. Holds about 12 cans. You'll be about 15 miles south of me when you're in Gettysburg. Safe travels.
I slammed that qt. And killed half the Jack. I slept good. Lol.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Not sure. I know I am in Spetember. That's going to be total tourism. This trip is just me and some miles. No destination. I may be sleeping in Florida tonight. Best part is I don't know.
No destination & tent camping!! Some of the best trips ever, IMHO. Nice pics btw. Glad you're having a good time. Be safe & enjoy, (or; hope you enjoyed the trip, as I'm kind of late seeing this post! :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
some of my best rides have been when I check the weather app and head where it isn't raining. Discovering America's back road attractions is a blast! There is a small distillery downtown Bowling Green that makes the best gin I ever tasted. And of course the caves there are awesome.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts