Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Just a question here.

If you are going 2-1 we know the loss of the CAT (has the potential) voids the warranty. (Some dealers) If you're out of town and not at your home dealer they can flag your bike. (we've seen it happen) So why not at that point go with a FP3 or the Powervision?

·
Registered
549 Posts
For me that was a tough choice, most of my riding CLOSE to home, yearly big ass trip(2020 is to Cali.), I just stuck with the HD thing to pray it would help me if I had a warranty problem, on my dealers word........ I hope I don't find out. Bike runs great.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Does anyone know of or have experience putting a 2-1 exhaust on an M8 using the Harley tuner? Would it be capable?
I’ve done it many times. Go in to each cylinder’s VE table, one at a time, select the entire table and increase the values by 3 points. Then click on “save as” on the right side of the screen and give it a name like “104 2-into-1 VE plus 3” so that you know which map it is. Then flash your bike.

·
Registered
549 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that with 19-up models, even though FP3s or Power Visions don't imprint on the ECM, the bike will know that something 3rd party has been plugged in and the next time your bike is connected to a dealer computer, it will flag your VIN.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Just a question here.

If you are going 2-1 we know the loss of the CAT (has the potential) voids the warranty. (Some dealers) If you're out of town and not at your home dealer they can flag your bike. (we've seen it happen) So why not at that point go with a FP3 or the Powervision?
they're 50-state legal and changing just the pipe would not require a tuner.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
A 2-1 with no cat is 50 state legal? That's only on bikes not originally equipped with a cat correct?
an off-the shelf S&S sidewinder has a cat and is legal, as well as a lot of other mfgs.

i don't think he said no cat but i've been wrong a lot lately. just ask my lovely bride.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
an off-the shelf S&S sidewinder has a cat and is legal, as well as a lot of other mfgs.

i don't think he said no cat but i've been wrong a lot lately. just ask my lovely bride.
Here I go assuming. I think I married your wifes sister. She tells me I'm wrong all the time too.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If we are talking about the exhaust on my bike it is the Sidewinder version with the cat. There are only a few exhaust systems outside of the Harley one that are EPA compliant. This exhaust is the saving grace that allowed me to transition into a new 2019 since I will only roll out on a Harley with a 2-1 exhaust system. Don't ask, just the way I prefer my music (rumble). With a EPA compliant exhaust, a dealer nor anyone else can void your warranty and that said exhaust must be able to be installed on the model it was meant for without any other modifications and be able to perform as the bike was originally intended. Just an fyi.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
If we are talking about the exhaust on my bike it is the Sidewinder version with the cat. There are only a few exhaust systems outside of the Harley one that are EPA compliant. This exhaust is the saving grace that allowed me to transition into a new 2019 since I will only roll out on a Harley with a 2-1 exhaust system. Don't ask, just the way I prefer my music (rumble). With a EPA compliant exhaust, a dealer nor anyone else can void your warranty and that said exhaust must be able to be installed on the model it was meant for without any other modifications and be able to perform as the bike was originally intended. Just an fyi.
i think @crazy4ink hit the nail on the head.
if you're gonna go with a warranty-compliant tuner it's the only way to go.
all the others leave an imprint (prolly a date stamp) on the ecm.

if you're gonna go balls out, the thundermax is the ticket.
@Thermodyne states that since it is a separate ecm, it won't leave a trace in the factry ecm...

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
i think @crazy4ink hit the nail on the head.
if you're gonna go with a warranty-compliant tuner it's the only way to go.
all the others leave an imprint (prolly a date stamp) on the ecm.

if you're gonna go balls out, the thundermax is the ticket.
@Thermodyne states that since it is a separate ecm, it won't leave a trace in the factry ecm...
The Thundermax can be removed and the oem box reinstalled with no trace of tampering. I know of one guy who has done it four times now.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The T-Max is a stand alone computer so it is as impossible as it gets to let the MoCo or anyone else know anything about the original ECM being programmed or interfaced. I used to be one of those guys that hated having a cat on my bike and having an EPA compliant tuner. So far with the setup I have I'm digging it and have no complaints especially with the auto tune, I may get a backfire here and there but this bike with the torque cam can produce me a smile in a twist of the wrist!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
The T-Max is a stand alone computer so it is as impossible as it gets to let the MoCo or anyone else know anything about the original ECM being programmed or interfaced. I used to be one of those guys that hated having a cat on my bike and having an EPA compliant tuner. So far with the setup I have I'm digging it and have no complaints especially with the auto tune, I may get a backfire here and there but this bike with the torque cam can produce me a smile in a twist of the wrist!
I don't have the 2:1 but plus 1 BH on the EPA compliant tuner, auto tuner and cat in. Zero complaints about how my stage 3 runs with one full season under my belt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts