Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just looking to see who has multiple amps mounted in there fairing. Any pics would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Are those brackets just "floating" .. I mean, do they bounce at all inside there? Or is the back edge secured?
No they don't bounce or move around, only secured by the two center bolts, I did use stainless steel when I fabricated the mounts, they are fairly stout.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Are those brackets just "floating" .. I mean, do they bounce at all inside there? Or is the back edge secured?
The mounting bracket does cover the entire back side of the amp, the amp is secured to the mount on all 4 corners, I just made the mount to fit the exact size of the amp.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I don't have a pic right now, but I have 4 Hawgwired amps in my fairing.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
714 Posts
I thought about mounting a SS Nano PN4.520D above my stereo and a and a PN4.320D on one of them mounts however I don't think the 520D will fit on top of the radio and have the fairing fit back.

Has anyone tried that?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Since I was just looking for a place to put the pn2.350d the other day, and it JUST fits over the stereo... I don't think the 520W unit will fit at all. I mean, it might fit but not with access to the terminals on both ends.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ok thanks hometoast. That's good to know.
Btw. The PBR300x4 and the PN4.320D are practically the same size (1.52x4.25x6.75" and 1.5x4.75x7" respectively) you could just install your 4.320D using the yaffe, Or HDonut mount if you can get one.

Just a though

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yeah, I figured it would be small enough for those, but then again, I'm cheap. And have a scrap of sheet metal if need be for the mount.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts