Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone? I know it's been awhile since I've been on the site, 2017 and beginning of 2018 was rough. All is going well. Now for what I need y'alls advice on, just recently upgraded air intake and added a fp3, I'm looking for a 2-1. I do quite a bit of two up riding. What is y'alls advice on fit, finish and sound. Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
What you're asking is extremely subjective- you're going to get as many opinions on this as you would if you asked about what color looks best on the RGS. I have no problems with my V&H Pro Pipe- I love the look, finish and sound... however some feel it's too loud, others feel it's perfect. Since you have the FP3, I think the Pro Pipe is an awesome compliment to your tuner. Fuel Moto also has a very nice pipe, Bassani, Rinehart etc. are all contenders as well.

I have always loved the Pro Pipe, but if you're looking for differences in tone etc. you may check out Youtube and browse a few pipes- though they will sound different in person, you'll get a very good idea of the tone they produce.

Good luck and let us know!!!

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
What you're asking is extremely subjective- you're going to get as many opinions on this as you would if you asked about what color looks best on the RGS. I have no problems with my V&H Pro Pipe- I love the look, finish and sound... however some feel it's too loud, others feel it's perfect. Since you have the FP3, I think the Pro Pipe is an awesome compliment to your tuner. Fuel Moto also has a very nice pipe, Bassani, Rinehart etc. are all contenders as well.

I have always loved the Pro Pipe, but if you're looking for differences in tone etc. you may check out Youtube and browse a few pipes- though they will sound different in person, you'll get a very good idea of the tone they produce.

Bingo!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yes I know it's like asking what is the best oil to use. I really wanted to know on the sound and how the SO's felt. I have a buddy I ride with occasionally then has a 124 and then some with a D&D 2-1 and it is LOUD. I know it is not apples to apples but just trying to buy only once. I have the twin slash V&H right now and was thinking on the pro pipe. I don't know anyone personally that has that set up. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
You can make a FatCat Quite with the right baffle - Bassani always has a nice, deep sound to it and you could always go Old Skool with a ThunderHeader - You really can't go wrong with any V&H products - Personally, my .02, Reinhart is a shell of its former self in terms of quality....again, just my opinion

I am drawn to more of the "Smaller Shop" flavors like Fuel Moto or even Dragos.....but thats just me

If I were to build and begin that journey, my money would go to Fuel Moto as those cats really put their money where their mouth is

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
My vote goes to D&D, just my personal experience. They are a Texas company North of you I believe, take a trip and see if they will do some comparison for you. I have seen and heard a Pro Pipe and I would put that as my #3 2-1 that I would go with. #2 would be a Fuel Moto 2-1.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
A Texas boy not going with D&D? Say Whaaaaa!!! Freedom Union 2/1. Not obnoxiously loud at cruise but really nice bark at throttle. About $250 less then a D&D but the chrome on the D&D is top notch. Ive got 17k miles on my freedom and would do it all over again if I had to. Dont know why but I love my Freedom..

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Thirdcoast, I went through the same dilemma last year.
After reading and listening to the YouTube Videos I went with the Bassani Road Rage B4 System.
I liked the sound of it on The YouTube.
I also liked the design which lets you get to the transmission cover without removing the exhaust.
After installing it I have been very pleased with the sound and design.
As stated before, check out The YouTube videos so you can get an idea of how each exhaust sounds.
Best of luck on Your Search.
Let us know what you decide to go with.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I've ran D&D , Bassani and Drago's Dragula 1 and 2. I love the Dragula 2, it is a great pipe, Bassani was my 2nd favorite.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Drago 2. Quiet when you want it to be. Wakes up when you get on it.
Makes great power.
I like the fat cat also. Has a sound all its own.
Thunderheader, Ill pass.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can’t say enough about the Fuel Moto pipes. I have the 2-1 Road and Track on my M8 RGS. Heat on passenger foot is gone. Paired with a cam and good tune is also a plus. It sounds amazing but will tell ya its pretty loud when you roll on the throttle.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Another vote for the Dragos Dragula 2 here.....there's a sound clip on my build page. Not to loud at idle but barks when you get on it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I’ve been rocking a Pro Pipe on my 15RGS the last couple years. Don’t find the sound too loud or obnoxious. Organized a couple group rides and nobody has said anything about riding behind me.

Just recently completed a 1,000 mile I.B.C. with that pipe and it never got on my nerves. I don’t even have to turn my radio up that loud to hear it over the exhaust. Has a nice rumble to it highway speeds but growls when you get on the throttle!!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I also liked the design which lets you get to the transmission cover without removing the exhaust.
An often over-looked consideration, and a huge time saver. Pisses me off having to drop the entire exhaust system to flush and bleed the hydraulic clutch system, change hydraulic lines etc. And I've made the same mistake twice now.................... Guess I'm too dumb to learn from Harley's mistakes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts