Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have some slip ones I bought but don?t really wanna put them on my stock pipes. I have always run the Dragos Dragula but I kinda wanted to try something a little diffeeent this time for now. So I?m looking for a 2 into 1 header or true dual head pipes for a decent price. Cuz if I?m goin to spend 700 I might as well spend 8 and get the Dragula. Thank you

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
So I have some slip ones I bought but don?t really wanna put them on my stock pipes. I have always run the Dragos Dragula but I kinda wanted to try something a little diffeeent this time for now. So I?m looking for a 2 into 1 header or true dual head pipes for a decent price. Cuz if I?m goin to spend 700 I might as well spend 8 and get the Dragula. Thank you
If you want best sound then true duals, 2-1 if you want performance

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol yea I understand that . I was saying I want one or the other

·
Registered
8,196 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Swagzilla, I just went from Drago's True Duals to Bassani's Road Rage 2 into 1 B4 System with Megaphone Muffler and am very happy with the outcome. My 2012 Custom sounds great, not too loud around town and a nice sound when cruising down the highway.
I picked mine up at Direct Cycle Parts. They had the best price I could find.
Give them a call if that's the one you want to go with.
Hope this helps.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
I put a Dragula 2 into 1 exhaust on my 08 and I didn't get as much HP as I did with my V&H Big Shot true duals. The Dragula was on a stage 4 build with a SE 259E cam which produced 104 HP and a 106 ft lbs of torque, The V&H true duals was on a stage 2 build with a SE 255 cam and I got 95 hp and 108 ft lbs of torque. Even though the stage 2 build produced less HP the bike had more torque than the stage 4 build. Go with the true duals if you want there won't be that much performance difference and you won't notice the difference when you do a seat of the pants road test. Now I run V&H dresser duals with V&H monster rounds on my 08 because the Big Shot true dual where obnoxiously loud and I wanted a quieter ride so I could hear my tunes while riding. JMO

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I put a Dragula 2 into 1 exhaust on my 08 and I didn't get as much HP as I did with my V&H Big Shot true duals. The Dragula was on a stage 4 build with a SE 259E cam which produced 104 HP and a 106 ft lbs of torque, The V&H true duals was on a stage 2 build with a SE 255 cam and I got 95 hp and 108 ft lbs of torque. Even though the stage 2 build produced less HP the bike had more torque than the stage 4 build. Go with the true duals if you want there won't be that much performance difference and you won't notice the difference when you do a seat of the pants road test. Now I run V&H dresser duals with V&H monster rounds on my 08 because the Big Shot true dual where obnoxiously loud and I wanted a quieter ride so I could hear my tunes while riding. JMO
Not a proper comparison unless you test the two different pipes on the same engine build. Only way to prove one pipe is better than the other.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Yes that may be true but IMO if a person wants true duals on their bike then they should go for it because when it comes to a seat of the pants comparison on a stage 1 or 2 build there isn't a noticeable difference between exhaust systems. The owner should go for what he likes when it comes to looks and sound. JMO

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
I disagree, I always felt more low end torque by the seat of the pants when switching over to a 2 into 1 on past bikes, May be just in my head but most dyno's agree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts