Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks hope all is well.
After long time deciding wether I want slip on or 2 into 1 system I have decided to fo with 2 into 1 for my 2020 road glide.

Im thinking about D&D billet cat with Arlen Ness big sucker. Potentially thinking about doing Harley Torque Cam this or next year.

What do you think about D&D? Any other recommendations like road rage 3?

i heard D&D is proven for performance and quality.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
I can't speak of the M8's but I have the D&D Boarzilla on my 124 twin cam and it is awesome. I definitely dont think you can go wrong with D&D exhausts. They can get a little loud though lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looked at a few 2-1 options (S&S, Bassani, V&H) and settled on the Rinehart pipe. Pairs well with the M8 and Ive also installed HD Stage ll Torque Cam which really woke up the motor in the low end and midrange (highly recommended mod).
Although my ‘20 RG is black on black I went with a chrome pipe to give it some pop. I found the matte black finish of every pipe manufacturer was too dull looking for my taste...except for the Bassani, i love the shape, finish and hand tig welds etc but was PITA to import into Canada on the timeline i needed.
Here’s a couple pics of my set up...
772744AA-4264-411A-A686-9244C4A252F8.jpeg
49181B90-834A-4E59-88FB-32524A30CB86.jpeg
BC3BB628-403C-46D6-A488-AFC37323C120.jpeg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks great!!!
actually i was also looking at Rinehart, just couldnt find as much info on them. Can you feel that 2 into 1 performance with those pipes?

Looked at a few 2-1 options (S&S, Bassani, V&H) and settled on the Rinehart pipe. Pairs well with the M8 and Ive also installed HD Stage ll Torque Cam which really woke up the motor in the low end and midrange (highly recommended mod).
Although my ‘20 RG is black on black I went with a chrome pipe to give it some pop. I found the matte black finish of every pipe manufacturer was too dull looking for my taste...except for the Bassani, i love the shape, finish and hand tig welds etc but was PITA to import into Canada on the timeline i needed.
View attachment 426493 View attachment 426494 View attachment 426495

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
S&S makes a 50 state complaint 2:1 Pipe that will keep your factory warranty intact - Added it to my old Heritage 114 with a Stage 2 and after proper tuning, gained 10hp and 10 fpt.....and sounded great

Big fan of the D&D Fat Cat but that is overkill (IMHO) for a Stage 2 Cam Build.....now, begin adding displacement, D&D all day and twice on Sunday

·
Registered
84 Posts
looks great!!!
actually i was also looking at Rinehart, just couldnt find as much info on them. Can you feel that 2 into 1 performance with those pipes?
I had a 2-2 pipe on previous CVO Street Glide then went to a 2-1 with the Road Glide. I rode it for 3 months with just a Stage 1 kit and stock cam. Over the winter i had my dealer install the torque cam and that made a big difference in low end and midrange power. This is my third HD model with an M8 motor and I think its more responsive with a 2-1 pipe over my previous 2-2 systems. I have to say the torque cam makes a a huge difference in performance when coupled with the 2-1 pipe - totally rocks bottom end in the 0-75mph range..

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
D&D all day!!! Do not even hesitate on that one. If you pass on the D&D, check out the S&S Sidewinder or maybe even the Fuel Moto RTX. Those would be my choices outside of the DD. If you are running the HD Cool Flow fan the D&D won't fit just so you know.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I went with D&D Billet Cat and couldn't be happier. I was considering the Vance n Hines Pro Pipe as thats what I had on my 2012 but the M8 needs more back pressure. The Pro Pipe doesn't have a False pipe option if that's a concern.

Reactions: Korrideus

·
Registered
475 Posts
2018 M8, D&D Billet Cat, S&S intake, Dyno Jet Powervision with a Fuelmoto tune, runs great. doing an engine build but held off till this coming fall now, will utilize the D&D on that still.

Also have a D&D 2-1 on a 124 Twin Cam Fat boy and it sounds wicked!

·
Registered
55 Posts
View attachment 426493 View attachment 426494 View attachment 426495
Hey dude, nice ride!
What lights & license plate holder are you using on the back of the glide?
Looks really sanitary, especially for a Canadian bike.
I’ve still got the big old bar and light on mine, would Ike to clean it up
Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a 2-2 pipe on previous CVO Street Glide then went to a 2-1 with the Road Glide. I rode it for 3 months with just a Stage 1 kit and stock cam. Over the winter i had my dealer install the torque cam and that made a big difference in low end and midrange power. This is my third HD model with an M8 motor and I think its more responsive with a 2-1 pipe over my previous 2-2 systems. I have to say the torque cam makes a a huge difference in performance when coupled with the 2-1 pipe - totally rocks bottom end in the 0-75mph range..
Thank you for the detailed reply Sir!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
S&S makes a 50 state complaint 2:1 Pipe that will keep your factory warranty intact - Added it to my old Heritage 114 with a Stage 2 and after proper tuning, gained 10hp and 10 fpt.....and sounded great

Big fan of the D&D Fat Cat but that is overkill (IMHO) for a Stage 2 Cam Build.....now, begin adding displacement, D&D all day and twice on Sunday
Well eventually i will wanna do more than stage 2 so dnd sounds like a good option! Thank you!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to all for the great info, it seems like dnd is a pretty good choice.
I will keep everyone updated on this post. Just found one at local dealer that I can buy for $1100 and it sounds like a deal to me!!

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Thanks to all for the great info, it seems like dnd is a pretty good choice.
I will keep everyone updated on this post. Just found one at local dealer that I can buy for $1100 and it sounds like a deal to me!!
Check with Iron Aces Speed Shop, tell them you are a member. They always had the best prices when I needed a D&D.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Like others have said. D&D is a proven winner. And it sounds great. I have one on my 2020 with a TTS-175 cam, S&S air cleaner and it’s not loud at cruise. ( I can hear my stereo) sounds great on acceleration and deceleration too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another vote for D&D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts