Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interested or going on this ride? I can't think of a more important event in this country right now.
I'm thinking about blasting there and back. Would like to know if anyone wants to ride with me. Leave Tuesday, be back Thursday.

https://www.facebook.com/AmericasMisguidedChildren

<SUBSCRIBED>

·
Super Moderator
10,230 Posts
OK not a FB'er

never herd of Americas Misguided Children , sounds like some a the peeps around here

however there is a well known group around , and some even grace these pages

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

Semper Fi

JtB

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK not a FB'er

never herd of Americas Misguided Children , sounds like some a the peeps around here

however there is a well known group around , and some even grace these pages

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

Semper Fi

JtB
LOL!!! ROGER THAT!!!

I realize it's a little late, but as I said, it's a worthy cause and I figure it's only 'bout 700 miles from Newnan. I could be there and back in two~three days. I'm off Monday, so would only haveto take Tu-Th off. Gonna check hotel rooms now.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I would but we are wide open wit OT for the month. Got to make some money for mods:D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
I heard a guy mention something about that yesterday.do you have any other links on info besides Facebook ?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has it anything to do to counter the million muslim march
Yes, indeed it does, AND it is also a protest about the direction this country has taken!

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
Has it anything to do to counter the million muslim march
Yes, that's what I'm hearing. I wish I could make it. Fnig awesome.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is in fact is a picture from the Memorial Day parade at the Pentagon.....GD political site I "Friended" on FB was BULLSHIT!!!

HOWEVER, the ride IS going on. I will STILL be trying to make it!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Interesting span of events concerning this ride and whether or not the Bikers will be given a permit. Seems the National Park Service is playing politics for the person in charge of the White House!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/09/thats-a-lie-national-parks-service-denies-biker-group-permit-for-911-ride-and-employee-accuses-biker-group-of-lying-about-why/

It's pretty bad when you tell the news that you "don't know nothin' about this" and you forget that you ORGANIZED THE MEETING ON IT!!! Oh....and there's an email from you proving it!!!

Sorry, I didn't want to get political on this, but, it needs to be pointed out to any one thinking about going that you may be confronted by DC police because the Park Service deems you unwanted. The "Million Muslims" ARE however STILL WANTED....!

BTW, this is being put on by the group "Uncle Sams' Misguided Children"......HOO RAH!!!

In light of that fact, I don't see it NOT happenin'!!!

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
I hope they jam up the streets of DC to the point of Madness then.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Sorry, I didn't want to get political on this, but, it needs to be pointed out to any one thinking about going that you may be confronted by DC police because the Park Service deems you unwanted. The "Million Muslims" ARE however STILL WANTED....!
from what i understand, the permit was a 'no stop' permit so that the bikes would roll in, through, and then out. by them denying the permit, it doesn't stop the ride, but it does mean that all riders will have to obey all traffic signals. stops, etc.... that will just make it very congested through there, but its a public road, i don't think they can tell you that you can't drive/ride on it....

at least thats what i understood from some reading on it... sure hope a bunch of folks go. wish i could.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Was planning to go to delmarva bike week (http://www.delmarvabikeweek.com) this week and hit the DC event along the way down but had to cancel. Nice side trip from DC 2.5 hrs ride to Ocean City MD a little closer is Salisbury MD, You guys coming from the south could cruise thru and turn south on 13, over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and tunnel, pretty cool in its self if you never been. Heading north Hit Lewes ferry in Lewes Delaware to Cape May , NJ

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Also pretty bad that Rolling Thunder gets a permit every Memorial Day and we have upwards of a million bikes roll through DC as well as fill all pentagon parking lots. Must be able to do that cuz no arabs are marching that day. Our system / so called leadership is screwed up beyond repair I'm afraid. Special interest groups I reckon. Angry vet here.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Also pretty bad that Rolling Thunder gets a permit every Memorial Day and we have upwards of a million bikes roll through DC as well as fill all pentagon parking lots. Must be able to do that cuz no arabs are marching that day. Our system / so called leadership is screwed up beyond repair I'm afraid. Special interest groups I reckon. Angry vet here.

At least two of us... I wonder if a permit would be approved for a "Benghazi Rally" before the elections.

EDIT TO ADD:
In case anyone thinks this post is anti-<Religion, ANY Religion>, you need to check out their official website and see if YOU really think this is a religious orginazation.
http://ampacus.webs.com/

For instance, a quote:
"...plight of American Muslims here at home, and Muslim communities globally in the scope of U.S. imperialism..."

1) I thought the original 9/11 was supposed to be related to Religious persecution, not economy?...
...at least according to the original Fatawā of Osama bin Laden.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat%C4%81w%C4%81_of_Osama_bin_Laden
2) Why do they have "Freedom of Speech" as endorsed by our elected administration but we don't?

3) How the Hell does their 1,000,000 person walk (err.. march) back and forth across Washington DC cause less of a traffic problem than our ride?

Rant over before this thread gets locked and if admin needs to delete my posts, fair enough.

·
Registered
407 Posts
After doing a google search and reading about this ride I am more confused and pissed off. Web pages hijacked, NPS staff lying, and several "interest" groups involved. What is going on in the USA these days!!!! :confused:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts