Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to pull the trigger for a setup - new JVC head unit, J&M amp (4-channel). Now the choice is just replace the 2 speakers in the fairing or go for both the fair and the saddlebag speaker setup? I always wear a fullface helmet and I have a set of BigEars to protect my hearing when riding long distances. So would the extra speakers in the saddlebags be a waste on me?

Opinions welcome.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I find I don't really hear the rear speakers on the HWY. With a full face I don't think you'll hear them at all. Maybe in town going 30mph cranked right up. Best to get a set of lowers for more in your face sound. IMO

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Rather than the saddlebag set up ,go with the inner fairing set up and keep the sound in front of you. Works great you will hear the music no problems and you keep all the storage room in the bags. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. I've pulled the trigger and the set up is as follows:

6.5 front Infinity Kappa's
5x7 rear Infinity Kappa's (used for subs)
Alpine 4-channel AMP
JVC KD AVX77 head unit

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I hope that set up works, and you will have to let us know, but I don't see 5x7 rear subs doing a lot for you especially while you are moving.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my bike back today and all I can say is wow!!!! Great job by the folks at Top Secret Cycles. My end system wound up being a new hot off the factory Nesa 4 x 200 amp, Infinity Kappa 682.11cf speakers and the JVC head unit. I'm more than pleased with the volume and clarity of this new kit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Sounds like a good set up, a little different from where you started though, lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah as it came time to get the parts the installer was able to get a lot of the latest models of the speakers and a more powerful amp. And the head unit although not marine grade can be easily protected. All in all it's a great sounding system. And just bit of space given up. ImageUploadedByMO Free1365908163.405643.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts