Road Glide banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2000 RG, I've got those tiny MT90B16 tires on 3" wire spoke wheels. It's time for a new set of tires so I am exploring wheel options too. I'm sure I can't go much bigger. I like the Enforcer style wheels, but not sure if any will fit. Can't stand the wagon wheel looking wheels that came on early models. Any good options for later style wheels that I can still fit? What's the biggest wheel and tire I can fit without modding the frame? Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks storide. Nice site. Not sure how the exchange works if you don't have the same wheel. I'll give them a call. Also kinda tells me that I can use Touring wheels up to 2008. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Thanks storide. Nice site. Not sure how the exchange works if you don't have the same wheel. I'll give them a call. Also kinda tells me that I can use Touring wheels up to 2008. Thanks.
I did not do an exchange, Joe sold me mine outrite. I bought a wheel with new ABS bearings, 2 polished rotors, and the chrome spacers to cover up the wheel bolts for less than $700.00 shipped

The quality of his chroming is first rate and great customer service

·
Registered
140 Posts
The biggest (I am assuming you mean diameter) wheel that you can run without modding the frame would be a 21" wheel (120/70/21 tire). The stock fender can be reused by enlarging the rear bolt mounting holes and rotating the fender slightly forward, for clearance issues. Hope this helps, it works fine for me.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
But you can't run the FatBoy wheels on the front? I really like some of those.

The FatBoy only has a single front brake.........
I don't remember, does your 2000 have the old or new style brakes??
99 or 2000, I don't remember which, they changed brakes and axles. I know my '01 had the newer ones and as long as I used the newer softail wheel it was a direct bolt-on for the rear.
My Ultra originally had wire spokes, pain in the ass to clean especially when you couldn't see it most of the time anyway. The FatBoy wheel was WAY easier. I felt it also rode better, and was certainly more durable.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
A little more info. On the rear you can run a 16x3 16x3.5 or 18x3.5. Max tire width for that bike is a 140 as it has the 1.5" belt.

On the front you can run anything up to 21x3.5 with the stock front fender but a stock wheel off another bike might work and might not as fork widths differ and you want to ensure that the brake rotors line up with the brake calipers. If you have more questions please feel free to ask.

Drew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.