Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, Ive used the search for this question before asking but anything I find is from 2011 and Would like to see what is better now.
I still have the stock set up on my 2000. Where the tape deck is a great spot for my I pod I thing I need an update.

I added a set of HOG tunes speaker to replace my old blown out OG speakers and it helped but I still cant hear anything clear over 70.
I am running an aftermarket windshield that keeps most the wind over my head.

Trying to keep the cost under 700$ what is my best bang for the buck? Im not looking for the best in show system, just something I can enjoy going down the road. I use my Bluetooth most of all and hardly ever use FM and don't need satellite....

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nevermind, didn't see the bluetooth

When I had my 2000 FLTRSEI I swapped in the radio out of a 2004 screaming eagle electra glide. It was a $1000 radio from Harley and had CD and an input jack just like the original radio. It had a built in amp built in due to no rear speakers. Was it as good as $1000 aftermarket systems? NO but it was a big improvement and ran it until a couple of years ago and still looks new. It is part number 76530-04 and I would sell it for $225 shipped if you are interested. IIRC you had to wire the amp to the Assecory switch on the dash. You would need harness part number 70663-04 (about $8 from boardtracker). I have the original box also? No speakers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
With the input jack
you can BT from garmins or whatever with mp3, phones. .......

Still good price

that's how I run my 03 thru JM's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts