Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of comments on putting tall handles bars on your bike without changing cables. All seem to be newer bikes. So my question is what's the tallest handle bars that I can put on my 2004?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 08 and I have 12” KST mayhem’s installed all stock wires and brake cables clutch cable is stock also.I just re-routed it on outside of inner shroud up front. Not sure if this helps you out, but this is my set up.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have 12” on my 04 with stock cables. I did put a stainless braided brake hose on but it is stock length.

04 Road Glide

·
Registered
889 Posts
L
I see a lot of comments on putting tall handles bars on your bike without changing cables. All seem to be newer bikes. So my question is what's the tallest handle bars that I can put on my 2004?
First post needs a hearty WELCOME....Greetings from the Burg' and any chance you have pixs....We/you cool kids here likey pixs....
I have a 2004 Glide with 10'' Yaffee's, but only needed a clutch cable...Good luck and post pics when updated

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
L
First post needs a hearty WELCOME....Greetings from the Burg' and any chance you have pixs....We/you cool kids here likey pixs....
I have a 2004 Glide with 10'' Yaffee's, but only needed a clutch cable...Good luck and post pics when updated

THAT'S NOT A ROADGLIDE!

I'm running 12" KST renegades on a 13 road glide ultra, no cable changes.

·
Registered
889 Posts
THAT'S NOT A ROADGLIDE!

I'm running 12" KST renegades on a 13 road glide ultra, no cable changes.
Yes, you 11bravo, but a Glide indeed, with huge wheels and chromed everything....Still wearing those issued BCG??
Carry on....

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yes, you 11bravo, but a Glide indeed, with huge wheels and chromed everything....Still wearing those issued BCG??
Carry on....
Sorry Laura, Projecting much? 11B? No sweetie, try again.

The reason for my post is because the bars on a Street Glide and Road Glides are different, As are the bars from different manufacturers! Telling someone that only 10" inch bars worked on yours, or that that you had to replace cables or wires because you went with 12"s in incorrect for a Road Glide.

Factory 47, KST, both recommend replacing cable and wires for anything over 12". Yaffee says for anything over 10" extensions are necessary, so...

Make sure you give correct information if wanting to post please.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts