Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I know everyone recommends the Legends suspension. I'd like to do that but funds might now be there for that. I've seen some guys talking about using the the Road Glide Special rears off the news 17-19s. My question is how much of an upgrade is that against these air rears I have right now on my 04 and would they fit. I would be looking at the Specials or Lows.

Background. I come from riding rigid choppers mostly. So this bike really is a Caddy as it is but I'd like to get some more performance handling out of it. So any upgrade from what I'm at now would be rad. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
They will be an improvement but nothing earth shattering. I have a set I would sell you off a 14 special that only have about 7k on them but for probably less money you could get the entry level progressive shocks and be better off. The model number I think is 412. I have a set on my 93. They are not in the league of the Legends I have on my RG but they are not bad. I think you can get them for about $150 but it's been a while since I looked.

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Depends on what your looking for ? I hear a lot of guy liking the air shocks better than the adjustable for comfort. You should have 13" air shocks on the 04. Dropping down to 12" will not be a good idea unless you go with a premium shock manufacturer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm basically just looking to get some better handling in the corners. I've got a bit of pogo-ing going on. Nothing crazy but I'm sure it could be better. I'm 175 and my lady is about 130, she doesn't ride with me much but does at times. The air shocks tend to bleed off, so I'm just looking to see what kind of upgrades I can get into that aren't $800 bones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts