Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here is my issue..
my bike has the standard air cleaner cover and hi flow element...
harley pipes.. the cheaper ones.. not the screamin eagle with the fish tail type tips...
it had a pcIII..

it has a slight, stutter, miss, hesitation,
very slight, but there... it is only evident at a steady speed... like doing 25 in second and holding...
it doesnt run bad or anything.... just there.. slightly annoying...
took it to dealer... cause i have the service contract...
they pulled the pcIII said that was the problem, so when i went to get it, it still did the same thing....
so then they told me the pipes with that small slit... etc.
i said no..... those are harley pipes and tips...
so then they had 2 other people test it...finally felt it.. and then decided to tell me that it is somewhat normal..
evn the svc manager said his does that... i asked him if he was okay with it... told me its always done that.. that it is normal...
my bike may be cammed he also said....does any of this sound normal or correct?
i dont really want to pay to get it dynoed and tuned???

what say you?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
When ever it is something they really don't want to fool with its the same old "they all do that".

Find another dealer or call Harley customer service and talk to them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i kinda figured that... they tried to play me for dumb....
i said, put it on the dyno.. se the air/fuel..
that fool looked at me..
you have to have a race tuner for that....

ummm..
the power commander??
he changed up again....

has anyone ever heard of a slight pulsation like that?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is the PC back on, has the bike ever been dyno tuned or just a canned map. The throttle zero position may need to be set correctly. You might try some seafoam to clean injectors, also check for intake leak.

They should have been able check a/f, that was bull s**t sounds like they want to sell a race tuner which you don't need.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine is also a 05 FLTRI. I have not noticed it but I will try it out this afternoon and let you know.:D Mine has been dyno tuned and custom mapped. S&S AC and true duals.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mine does it. Tried fuel cleaners first, didn't fix it. Don't have the money to blow to have a mechanic figure it out right now, but if and when I get it fixed, I'll let you know what the secret is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same problem here....just an annoying blip/hesitation. I have the PC3 with 95" upgrades.....runs strong , but does have the miss ever so often.
What did you find out was the problem? Thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
hesitation and miss

I also have an 05 that hesitates and misses when I take off. At speed it runs great. After messing with the PCIII,taking it off, putting it on,changing settings etc: I have come to find out that my front cylinder spark plug was a mess. Only had 3000 miles on plug but it was set at .035" even though I know when I installed them at 50,000 miles they were set at .043". I regapped the plug cleaned it and swapped front to back. No more problems, for the time being.I'll re-check them at 55,000 when I do the oil change. This also happened when I did my 45k maintenance, the front plug was starting to eat away. Don't know what is causing it(any suggestions?)but I'll keep working at it. This post is just to let you know that sometimes it's not a major problem just a pissant $5.00 plug that gives you grief.

good luck on yours,

Staush

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here....just an annoying blip/hesitation. I have the PC3 with 95" upgrades.....runs strong , but does have the miss ever so often.
What did you find out was the problem? Thanks
I have an 05 roadglide 88CI. big shot vance & Hines true duals and high flow air filter. mine does the same thing. I put on a cobra fi 2000 power pro and it stopped.ran it for a week and was satisfied but then the cobra went out and I am sending it back I think it was the wrong one for my bike. check your throttle body also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts