Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am 6'1", and I find the bars too low. I want to change the bars, however I don't want to change cables or wiring. What is the tallest bar I can go to without modifications? I want something with more height & pullback. I plan to check out the Heritage bars this week at my local shop, however I don't know if they will be tall enough.

Thanks,

Guy

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hi guys,

I am 6'1", and I find the bars too low. I want to change the bars, however I don't want to change cables or wiring. What is the tallest bar I can go to without modifications? I want something with more height & pullback. I plan to check out the Heritage bars this week at my local shop, however I don't know if they will be tall enough.

Thanks,

Guy
Get what fits you the first time. You'll save money in the long run since you'll probably end up with longer cables anyway. Experimenting gets expensive quick.

I naturally started with the stock bars. Then I went to Wide Glide bars. They I went to HD mini apes (13" from top of the bend at the grip to the bottom of the bend at the clamp) and the throttle cables were okay, but I had the wires on the outside and had to go with a longer clutch cable. Now I have 19s and the old extended clutch cable worked but I had to get new throttle cables and extend the wires by about 6".

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get what fits you the first time. You'll save money in the long run since you'll probably end up with longer cables anyway. Experimenting gets expensive quick.

I naturally started with the stock bars. Then I went to Wide Glide bars. They I went to HD mini apes (13" from top of the bend at the grip to the bottom of the bend at the clamp) and the throttle cables were okay, but I had the wires on the outside and had to go with a longer clutch cable. Now I have 19s and the old extended clutch cable worked but I had to get new throttle cables and extend the wires by about 6".
Thanks. I know I only want to go a few inches over stock, just wondering what the max is without changes.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
About 12" on the brake line. That's what the Heritage style bars are I have and the brake line is at its max. Clutch got maybe an other inch.
Get what you want and don't worry about cables. There easy and inexpensive to replace. The wiring on both sides should have enough slack to reach 16" s .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About 12" on the brake line. That's what the Heritage style bars are I have and the brake line is at its max. Clutch got maybe an other inch.
Get what you want and don't worry about cables. There easy and inexpensive to replace. The wiring on both sides should have enough slack to reach 16" s .
Thanks. I will know this week if the Heritage bars are comfortable.

Cheers,

Guy

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Thanks. I will know this week if the Heritage bars are comfortable.

Cheers,

Guy
Now I have the Heritage style bars for TBW. If you go true Heritage bars Non tbw check the difference in dimensions between the two.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heritage bars installed, and so far I am happy. Need a couple of long runs to be 100% sure. No issues with wires or cables.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Good deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts