Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had just the stock HD seat and it was difficult to go over 300mi without feeling uncomfortable. so I had a few gift cards and some bucks at my local dealership and was looking at using them to upgrade the seat.

Had two options that I could see. The sundowner and the Hammock. Hammock is about $200 more then the sundowner so I slapped on the Sundowner on Friday and rode about 250mi on Saturday. It was WAY better then the stock seat, but the last couple miles were a bit uncomfy. So I am wondering if the extra $200 for the hammock is worth it?

Anyone have either one and prefer one or the other for some reason? I have heard really good things about the hammock style, but was thinking maybe the sundowner will losen up a bit if I wear it in.

Looking at calling the dealership to see if they will take back the other and order the hammock for me. Just looking for any insight before I make the call if it is worth it. Thanks.

FYI. the SO LOVED the new seat. the 2 up on both kinds is miles above the stock seat.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
2006 HD seat options

Seats are like windshields, exhaust ,handlebars, it's what one likes that works the best for them. If the dealer will not take your seat back, there are some places out there that could rework your seat possibly to your liking. I had a sundowner seat on my 06 road glide and I have one on my 15 road glide. I sent both off to mean city cycles in North Carolina to have them redone. I'm really happy with the work they did for me. You can look them up on the web and give them a call and tell him what you're looking for or where it was uncomfortable and they'll make some suggestions for you. That's what I did on both my bikes. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Reactions: Ickshter

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yea already talked to the dealership and they are going to order the hammock and swap it out when it comes in no problem. They are pretty good like that. I will see once I get it. I was waiting for that little trim piece as well now that either seat come as far up the tank as the stock seat did.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
2006 HD seat options

It's great that the dealers willing to do that for you. Sounds like a decent dealership.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Is it for a road king? I wouldn't think you should need the trim piece. However very glad they work with you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
600 Posts
Maybe your dealer has a loaner hammock you can try for a good long ride. What if the hammock is not your cup of tea once the sundowner has been exchanged for it? I have both. Bought the sundowner off a member and then thought I needed more comfort. Sat on a buds street glide with a hammock and thought this would be the ticket. It is nice and plush, but my arse still can't stay in the saddle as long as I'd like. Last falls vacation covered nine states and the sundowner got the job.The hammock will sit you up a little high and forward if that matters, inseam or windshield height wise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts