Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend has a 07 96 inch street glide,he is wanting to put cams in it,so my question is how big of lift can he go with stock heads without doing valve springs,i know on the later 103's 575 is a safe bet but can go up to 600 lift.Thanks.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
The search button is your friend. HD & aftermarket cam mfg can supply you with all the info you need. Good luck

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
A friend has a 07 96 inch street glide,he is wanting to put cams in it,so my question is how big of lift can he go with stock heads without doing valve springs,i know on the later 103's 575 is a safe bet but can go up to 600 lift.Thanks.
Same spring pack in that 96" head, but that said, a great cam for that is an Andrews 48.
Any tuner worth his salt can put him at 90 hp and 100 ft/lbs once tuned.
Stocking item here.
Scott

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
They say you can go up to .600 lift on the stock valve springs but keep in mind that that much lift is hard on the stock springs.
Also any lift over .550 is pretty much a waste and there would be no real benefit from that much lift until you get into a big build engine.
Most good cams that provide great performance are around .555 which is easier on the entire valve train.
The cams valve timing and duration affect the way the bikes engine performs more than the cams lift.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I am running Andrews 48's with a Drago's map in my 96". Runs perfect.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats the info i was looking for thanks Scott.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts