Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
I had over twice the miles that you have on my 07 when I got rid of it in 09, no problems at all. As long as its stock you should be ok.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
The only thing you should have to be on the lookout for anytime soon is the inner primary bearing. If you are hard on the throttle maybe a little sooner than someone who is not so hard. Seems from what I have read anywhere between 15K and 25K. Just did mine at 22K.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well I only have 15,900 miles on it and the only upgrades it has are rush slip-ons, screaming eagle heavy breather, and a remap or reprogram... I am not out beat the piss out of it or win quarter miles drags... I talk to my mechanic a few days ago and he said more than often this happens when people build this big awesome motor on top of a factory crank...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My buddy also said the same about the factory compensator with stock small mods it will perform fine, but once high performance nods are installed he suggests the SE compensator.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
My buddy also said the same about the factory compensator with stock small mods it will perform fine, but once high performance nods are installed he suggests the SE compensator.
You should put the SE compensator in your bike even if your bike is stock. The stock compensator is weak and may cause starter problems.

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
Well I only have 15,900 miles on it and the only upgrades it has are rush slip-ons, screaming eagle heavy breather, and a remap or reprogram... I am not out beat the piss out of it or win quarter miles drags... I talk to my mechanic a few days ago and he said more than often this happens when people build this big awesome motor on top of a factory crank...
If you're going to treat it like you say, then yes, you probably will have issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I agree.
The 2007 model year cranks were more prone to "sissoring" than those of the later years, at least from we've seen here.
2004, and 2005, 88"ers also.
Scott
I was going to agree also ... then decided folks would just say I was spreading internet rumors... :rolleyes:

Both the guys I know with 2007's lost cranks in the mid 20k's. My '05 88 was scissoring, intially .003" out and last I checked it .008".

I have to say I'm still skeptical about this 103" not being susceptible... then again the new TBW crap is clearly limiting torque so maybe that bandaid will help buy some time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I was going to agree also ... then decided folks would just say I was spreading internet rumors... :rolleyes:

Both the guys I know with 2007's lost cranks in the mid 20k's. My '05 88 was scissoring, intially .003" out and last I checked it .008".

I have to say I'm still skeptical about this 103" not being susceptible... then again the new TBW crap is clearly limiting torque so maybe that bandaid will help buy some time.
The guys that's lost cranks what happen what kind of mods and was there total engine loss?

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
The guys that's lost cranks what happen what kind of mods and was there total engine loss?
I heard what the one poster said that most crank problems were occurring on built engines that are run hard. Hell you can twist the crank out of anything you run it hard enough. Keep a eye on the chain tensioners on both the cam and the primary chain but at your miles you got a way to go on either.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Stock motors, slipons and air cleaners. Both guys just ride and neither one is a hot rodder.

Both were rewarded with the Red oil light. Which happens when the oil pump gerotor breaks because of the run out.

Total engine rebuilds.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stock motors, slipons and air cleaners. Both guys just ride and neither one is a hot rodder.

Both were rewarded with the Red oil light. Which happens when the oil pump gerotor breaks because of the run out.

Total engine rebuilds.
I guess I will have wait and see I don't know otherwise?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They don't all fail or Harley would have a huge class action suit against them. So probably not something to lose sleep over.

Next time don't get bored and ask questions like this LOL :D
Hahaha thanks for the advice... thats why I love this forum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts