Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
purchased in 2006 and originally Pewter Pearl I have ridden this bike well over 100K miles. Dumped the stock engine for a 117 which blew up when a lifter let go and followed up with a 124 that I mated with a Baker DD7 JRi Shocks Progressive Front Struts, Ness Hot Legs, and ultimately with a R&R 131.

I mention all this as yesterday I finally broke down and picked up a 2016 FLTR Special. I intend to ship one to Florida for winter use but the one thing can say for sure. Harley has significantly improved the fit and finish of their bikes in the 10 years since I bought this one

Attachments

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I didn't know engine's went over 124"! How does that 131 run and is it good for long trips?
S&S makes a T143" and I've been told by them that it can be a daily rider. The thing you have to consider is that with more displacement comes more heat.

OP, Nice looking scoot! I bet she is a blast to ride. Enjoy the new shark too!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
S&S makes a T143" and I've been told by them that it can be a daily rider. The thing you have to consider is that with more displacement comes more heat.

OP, Nice looking scoot! I bet she is a blast to ride. Enjoy the new shark too!
I was told anything over 110" needs to be rebuilt often, like every 10k miles?

I just want speed, so still waiting on my decision to keep my 96" and upgrade it to 107" or buy a new engine. Rather go with the lowest cost.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I was told anything over 110" needs to be rebuilt often, like every 10k miles?
Well I have 28k hard ridden miles on my 120" and I know of someone that has well over 50k miles on their 124" so I don't think that statement is true. It's all in what it was built to do and how it is maintained. Anyway, this is a convo for another thread as I don't want to highjack this one. Maybe he can give you his take on the 131". Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts