Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done with the removal of the outer fairing for my headlight conversion to LED HEADLIGHTS and some custom in fairing LED Turn Signals. My question is on the reinstall, and adjusting. I'm sure someone has done this and knows the little tricks to get it right the first time. I've reused the 3 ball end headlight adjusters in their same locations from the OEM headlight onto the new LED Headlight hoping it would save allot of adjusting after the fact ?

Questions:

1. How deep do you set the headlight upon reinstalling (3 adjusters), is there fixed a distance that has to be kept from the fairing surface to the back of the headlight assembly ?

2. The top center adjuster, is there a specific spot/height on the threaded stem to screw the plastic retaining clip ?

3. Same question for the 2 lower clips as well for the initial install ?

4. After the headlight is installed, is the adjustment only done by the 2 lower adjuster screws since the top one isn't accessible anymore once the fairing is back on the bike ?

Thank you for any help you can share.:smile:

·
Registered
500 Posts
It’s a bit of trial and error. You have to make sure there’s enough clearance between the bezel and head light so it will snap on. You also need some clearance at the bottom so you can adjust the headlight.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Start with the top adjuster screw ,screwed in about 70% . The bottom two about 40%. This should set them a little high ,so all you have to do is adjust the bottom ones to get the correct height. Like said before, it's a try and error thing with getting the lights right and the bezel still snapping in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts