Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
How do I know when it is time to change my front motor mount on my 2007 RG?
It needs it I can assure you if you've never changed it. IT will drop down as it breaks thru. The oil changes damage it. Put a jack under the front of the engine, I put a 2x4 on the jack. Jack it up just a little after you take out the center bolt of the motor mount then jack it on up for clearance and remove the other two bolts. Pull it out, you should see cracks all around it. Someone can chime in on the replacement motor mount company, because I can't remember their name but it is made out of a different material and will work much better. Once re-installed, leave the center bolt loose and start the engine and let it idle for a minute or two, then turn the engine off. This centers the engine in the mount and keeps the vibration to a minimum. Instructions come with the new mount that explains this. I'll see if I kind find the name of the company.

Edit: The company is Glide Pro, really good design and there is a video showing everything online.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Glide Pro is what I have. Tried a Harley mount and my Handlebars were buzzing, then I switched to Glide Pro . Really smooth.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Glide Pro is what I have. Tried a Harley mount and my Handlebars were buzzing, then I switched to Glide Pro . Really smooth.
I agree with @Woodman that the Glide Pro Front Motor Mount is the way to go, especially on '07 & later touring models which are prone to go through motor mounts. The following link will take you to the Glide Pro product listing on our website where you can read more about the Mount as well as read product reviews. Simply put, you won't be disappointed with this investment.

Glide Pro Front Motor Mount - Iron Aces Speed Shop

Hope this helps!!

Lindsey :0)

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Really the motor mount problems were with the 06 and earlier models.
HD changed the rubber compound on the motor mounts and there is no longer a problem even if you get oil on the motor mount when doing a oil change.
Just because HD had a problem with the motor mounts many people still think it is a issue when it isn't a issue anymore.
I bought into the motor mount rumor on my 08 and changed it after 4 years of service and it wasn't needed the motor mount rubber was just like new. I just did a engine swap in November and the motor mount I put on 4+ years ago still looks like new.
I do my own oil changes and I get oil on the motor mount and I don't wash the oil off right away and there hasn't been any signs of rubber cracking or deterioration on either one of the motor mounts.
If it makes you feel better to change it then do it the HD motor mounts are not that expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts