Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  1. 103 Stage 2 with SERT
  2. SE 255 cam
  3. Stage 1 air with K&N
  4. Vance & Hines dual pipes
  5. Rush slash cut slip ons 1.5 baffle
A very streetable combo that gets 42-45mpg on premium and has enough power to get the job done when needed. The ony problem is the wife says she has to wear ear plugs when we are 2 up. She says it's obnoxious. It just makes me smile.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
You don't have V&H true duels you only have V&H head pipes. You would have got better Dyno result with the V&H big shot true duels

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
  1. 103 Stage 2 with SERT
  2. SE 255 cam
  3. Stage 1 air with K&N
  4. Vance & Hines dual pipes
  5. Rush slash cut slip ons 1.5 baffle
A very streetable combo that gets 42-45mpg on premium and has enough power to get the job done when needed. The ony problem is the wife says she has to wear ear plugs when we are 2 up. She says it's obnoxious. It just makes me smile.
Nice ride I traded my 07 RG off in April for a 2011 RGU but I miss the Orange bike

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks for the write up. That is some very good info. I have been thinking this might be a good winter upgrade. How do you like the cams?
I luv my Rush slip on mufflers, but I run the 2.5 inch baffles...:D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the write up. That is some very good info. I have been thinking this might be a good winter upgrade. How do you like the cams?
I luv my Rush slip on mufflers, but I run the 2.5 inch baffles...:D
There great. Lots of power in the lower to mid range rpm. Thats where I do most of my riding. You can just roll on the throttle and go. It still has plenty of streetability on premium gas with out having to add octane booster. I had trouble with West Virginia mountain grades back in 2005 on my old 99 RG. Downshifting and pinging up hills just didn't cut it. With this setup, you just roll on and smile, no problems. My baffles have apr. 20000 miles on them now, and they are considerably louder than when new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts