Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

I'm not wanting to do it but, times are hard, health is crap.... selling my Glide

Pewter Pearl color /w Black Trim /w Red stripes
Rhinehart Duals
2" pullback bars (OEM from the Harley Davidson Book)
Stainless steel cables
96' engine
Quick release system for backrest and tourpack
52k mileage
Tall windscreen (19")/w chrome trim base
Arlen Ness Air Kit
Bag lid chrome rails with rear red lights
Bag protection rails

Only asking $9,000

Bike is garage kept, couple dings in paint, one on rear fender, two on left bag, some black missing on right inner cowling compartment door.
There is a Tow-Pac add-a-trike kit on it, goes with bike, instruction booklet for the trike kit comes with it.
I have a Ultimate Tour Pack /w chrome luggage rack that can be installed if you purchase the quick-release rack for it, but it is gold and black and will need to be painted to match the bike. Will add $500 to the total price if you want the tour pack.

Link below is a slide show of my album of the Glide

http://s1047.photobucket.com/user/Orphistle/slideshow/Harley pics

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.... i'm headed to thunderbeach bike rally when the rain stops. I have a doctors appt. today at 1:15, will take about 1.5hrs.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hate you gotta sell the trike, hope the other things work themselves out.
Should move quickly.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Wow.....that's a great price, should sell fast.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is worth it, gotta sell to pay off some stuff and figured it would be a good price, was going to ask ten, but around here no one would even look at it. Didn't really want to deal long distance, but times call for it.
Was going to craigslist it but figured I'd give the folks here first shot so I didn't have to deal with some of the crazies on the list.

RD-GLIDER msg received, sent you the info, thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks Jack.... RD's bud bill called me, so I have added the Ultimate tour pack and luggage rack to the directory of the bike.... the luggage rack will go with the bike, but the Tour pack will be $500 extra.
You cannot add the luggage rack or tour pack mount to the bike with the trike setup unless you bend them to fit. I bought a cheapo one on ebay to make the tourpack work for me, but gave that mount to a friend who needed it as I had my glide mostly parked.
I also added the pic of the bike when I had the tour pack mounted.

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
Nice bike and good price, worth a bump.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, with the hurricane coming this week end, and me and the wife getting stuff put up, it will have to stay in the garage, so no showing it off at the Thunder Beach Motorcycle Rally.,

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gonna leave it up here for one more week, then its craigslist.... get it while you can.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a couple calls and a few messages from folks here, held off for two weeks. Now I see Harley is advertising the new coming 750/500's. Maybe i'll hold off till spring and trade the glide in (will loose about 4k on it) for a light weight nimble fuel injected water cooled toy.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haven't had a pm for a little over a week, been driving it around a bit on little jaunts here and there with a for sale sign, it has 53k on it now. One more week and i'm going to advertise in the local air force papers...

Thanks for those who have spread the word to their buds....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, came down sick, so no adverts on the Glide, but for folks on here I'm going to give an extra $500 off.

2007 Road Glide (temp trike attached) 53k for $8,500

I'll give it till the weather warms... maybe 2 weeks, then its off to the consignment bikes.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Wow. ... I'm surprised this hasn't sold... I'm curious, how much trouble would it be to remove the trike kit, the original rear wheel is still on it right?

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Wow. ... I'm surprised this hasn't sold... I'm curious, how much trouble would it be to remove the trike kit, the original rear wheel is still on it right?

Sent from my SPH-L710
The kit is a Tow-Pac kit, the whole thing is just an add on. Friend put in on in about 4 hours.

It is a 3 piece inner and one piece outter, you can remove the outer and cruise with the inner one still attached and ride normally or remove the whole thing.

The rear wheel is still there, I cannot remove the kit, my back has a compression fracture that needs repair (in progress).

I am selling the kit on the bike, if you want just the bike you can remove the kit and sell it for about $2,000 and then you would have bought the bike for a mere $6,500...

I too am wondering what is up, I have an interested party here locally who has been dragging her feet, I don't think she wants a heavy bike and she says she doesn't want a trike, we shall see, i'm taking it out for her to look at tomorrow, I doubt she really wants a full sized bike, she says her old 1200 sporty was too heavy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts