Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got bike back SOP is awesome! Glad I did the upgrade
103 upgrade SE hi comp Pistons, TW-555, D&D Fat cat, SE chisel air cleaner SE super tuner! What you guys think????

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Lets remember we ride touring bikes and don't build our bikes for dyno numbers. However looks to me she's putting down some good grunt. Must be a fun set up to ride and a world of a difference over the stock 96ci motor.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taccone when i purchased this bike it had 3800 miles it now has 44000 in two and a half years! So I make sure I tour lol! I'm heavy 6'2 265 my gurl has gained too many pounds over the last few years so the extra torque will help! Also had the crank replaced as it was showing signs of failure according to the tech!
This is the dyno section and is good reference to compare your build with others!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One is the dyno results from when I did the SE stage 1, D&D Fat Cat, Super tuner last year. Really wasn't impressed at the time considering the money I spent for all of it.
Second is another with the upgrade!

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Can't argue with that table-top torque curve.:cool:
What is your compression with those SE pistons?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He told me but honestly I forgot! I wanna say 10 something lol but I'll find out once I get near my paperwork!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well I fell for it lol. Mechanic talked me into getting some SE heads as I was really thinking bout the tire shredder kit but instead keeping my cams, tuner, push rods, lifters. They didn't want to credit me the parts so instead they gave me a good deal on the heads and ACR's for now. Now I don't know if it was worth the money for the little HP gain I got. I'll post the sheet up later!
to see what you guys think! I'm thinking the tune may be off some and it's showing a torque dip around which he said he could work out but its still there!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Well I fell for it lol. Mechanic talked me into getting some SE heads as I was really thinking bout the tire shredder kit but instead keeping my cams, tuner, push rods, lifters. They didn't want to credit me the parts so instead they gave me a good deal on the heads and ACR's for now. Now I don't know if it was worth the money for the little HP gain I got. I'll post the sheet up later!
to see what you guys think! I'm thinking the tune may be off some and it's showing a torque dip around which he said he could work out but its still there!
He should be able to get some more torque out of those cams. He horsepower is about right. You are right, he needs to massage it a bit to get the lines a little smoother. It just takes a little time on the dyno. You will love the extra grunt and the passing power.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Heads don't really give you much more torque gain, IMO it's not a good bang for the buck for a touring bike.
I would think that the exhaust may be the problem, looking at the original dyno sheet the torque is a little low, in my 08 I did the 103 BB kit and with the SE 255 cams I was getting 107 ft lb of torque swapped out the cams to Woods TW 222 cams and went up to 110 ft lb of torque. I used stock heads and true dual exhaust with both cams.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Need Torque? Need Horsepower? Port and Polish!

Let's talk about four stroke gasoline engines. This will be basic talk and basic facts. The entire airflow system of an engine, (carburetor, manifold, heads, and headers) is critical to engine performance. An internal combustion engine is basically a breathing machine. A gas four stroke engine is an air pump. It inhales oxygen and fuel, ignites it, and exhales carbon monoxide. It uses gas to keep itself going. Air in and air out. Mix a little gas with the air and it will keep going. The efficiency of an engine to perform those three tasks determines its horsepower and torque output.

As a result the engine makes heat and it makes the crankshaft go around and around. More air and gas makes more heat and more around and around (RPM). It uses air and gas and it creates heat and RPM. The heat, or at least most of it, we get rid of with the cooling system. The RPM is what we are after. No RPM results in no torque and no horsepower. Torque and horsepower is really our goal. We would like to have more torque and horsepower with less heat and less gas consumption and maybe even less RPM.

Cylinder heads, where all three of these functions take place, are the critical element in this system. It is there where all of the air and fuel flow is directed. The more efficient heads are at directing that flow, the better the overall performance output. That’s where porting and polishing come into play. So where is the key to engine performance? It’s in the cylinder heads!

Reactions: Smarty

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just talked with the guys at D&D and I do have the louvered baffle not the perforated baffle! He said that's why the torque dip and I should be able to get a little better torque numbers also.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Just talked with the guys at D&D and I do have the louvered baffle not the perforated baffle! He said that's why the torque dip and I should be able to get a little better torque numbers also.
That's good to know. Your tuner should be able to tune that where you just blow right thru that dip and never feel it. He can't completely get it out, but he can certainly make it much better. Good luck.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I finally swapped mufflers to D&D perforated baffle and this is the finally result!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts