Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got rear ended a bit ago and my local Indy Shop is telling me that my bike was a Limited Edition paint scheme/color in 2008. The Google has come up dry when trying to search for 08 paint schemes. What say ye?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Harley has numerous limited paint schemes. In 2008 there was copper/black for the anniversary model, special order paint sets, and several X of 150 paint sets like on my 2015. Without knowing what colors your bike is/was, I'm not sure to which you are referring.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Harley has numerous limited paint schemes. In 2008 there was copper/black for the anniversary model, special order paint sets, and several X of 150 paint sets like on my 2015. Without knowing what colors your bike is/was, I'm not sure to which you are referring.
Can you not see the embedded picture in my post?

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
Hello,

Can see your photo. Your bike in the present paint scheme looks like any other that year with the upside down Nike swoosh stripes. If it was a limited paint set it would have a number on the lower part of the tank near the seat, xxx/xxx.

Looks like a Black Pearl with Brilliant Silver Pearl and red pinstripe delineating the silver and midnight black. The Black Pearl was a common colour in 07 Ultras. The stripe design was common on 07 and 08 bikes. The paint scheme changed in 09 when the frame change came along. 07 and 08 bikes were the old frame but 08 was the first year with 6 gallon tank and the newer fuel pump injection system.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,

Can see your photo. Your bike in the present paint scheme looks like any other that year with the upside down Nike swoosh stripes. If it was a limited paint set it would have a number on the lower part of the tank near the seat, xxx/xxx.

Looks like a Black Pearl with Brilliant Silver Pearl and red pinstripe delineating the silver and midnight black. The Black Pearl was a common colour in 07 Ultras. The stripe design was common on 07 and 08 bikes. The paint scheme changed in 09 when the frame change came along. 07 and 08 bikes were the old frame but 08 was the first year with 6 gallon tank and the newer fuel pump injection system.

Calgaryglide
Awesome, I appreciate it. I was asking, because the shop is saying that they can't get painted bags from Harley because the bike was a Limited paint scheme. They can get the solid color, but not the striped ones. Other guys insurance has paid in full so I give a rip. But, I didn't think my bike was special. Thanks again

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Call your local dealer with your VIN. They should be able to at least tell you the colors. A good paint shop should be able to match anything. A PPG paint supplier may be able to match it up.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I got rear ended a bit ago and my local Indy Shop is telling me that my bike was a Limited Edition paint scheme/color in 2008. The Google has come up dry when trying to search for 08 paint schemes. What say ye?

That is Black Pearl, which came standard with the silver stripe. It was a color option for that year; not a limited edition color.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You can also verify by calling Corp HD customer service and giving them your VIN.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi Heavy_Guns; the only limited color scheme for that year was the Anniversary Copper Pearl and Black Pearl. IRC

·
Registered
975 Posts
That is Black Pearl, which came standard with the silver stripe. It was a color option for that year; not a limited edition color.
Spot on....08 Annv. Was that year paint scheme..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts