Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Harley Dealer is pikn up my bike on Tuesday. Gonna have TMan Cams installed and Lifters. Gonna replace Headpipe and keep my CFR's. Dyno Guy says Vance and Hines Power Duals. He also stated, before I said anything bout keepn my CFR's to go w/Reihart 4" mufflers and he would get me 100HP out of the Tune. Ive also got a Scream-n-Eagle Heavy Breather. I really dont like the look of the Power Dual but its grown on me...When I mentioned the CFR's he didnt say 100 hp,...I really wanna , kinda, mayb,stick w/them though cause I absolutely love them!
Im gonna shoot this out there and ask for some comments. What should I go for w/a Header pipe if not the V&H Power Duals??? If I decide to switch it up , should I go w/Power Duals and the reinharts??? 100 HP is Awful F'n Temp-Ta-Tious! oh, he said he was gonna use the TTS Mastertuner also.
If he can guarentee me and I can get it in writing I'll switch it up and take the 100hp , f-eeeeel me??!!!

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Don't fall for it, he is full of shit and he is just trying to get you to spend more money.
A 96 inch engine will not pull 100 HP unless you go with high compression engine performance parts.
A 88 inch engine built to a 95 inch with a ton of performance parts will do 100HP & 100 torque. But because the 96 is a stroked 88 it is harder to get the higher HP reading but you can hit higher torque reading.
HP doesn't mean a thing torque is where it is at and a stock 103 with good cams, exhaust and stage 1 intake will usally hits around 95 HP +/- and 105 to 112 ft lb of torque depending on cam used.
Just do the power duals and the cams and the CFRs and you will be happy with what you get out of the 96 inch engine, you should get HP in the high 80's and torque around high 90s.
Look at some dyno sheets and you will see what you can expect.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Buddy of mine has a 2012 Street Glide with V & H true duals, CFRS, 255 cams, and a little head work. He was like 106 tq& 101hp. Tuned for 4 hours with Sert. Hope that helps.

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
Buddy of mine has a 2012 Street Glide with V & H true duals, CFRS, 255 cams, and a little head work. He was like 106 tq& 101hp. Tuned for 4 hours with Sert. Hope that helps.
Those 7 extra ci, cams, and heads make a difference. I agree with Ironmark, unless he has a really generous dyno, I don't see 100 ponies, unless I'm missing something.

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
If you do not like the v&h power duals. Maybe you could go with a fuelmoto x-pipe or fullsac x-pipe.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
You can far exceed 100 hp from a 96" powerplant, but not without other modifications.(fellow AHDRA Mod CLASS racers from NH ran a 96" XL.......141 hp)
Where in the rpm band was the torque peak supposed to land with this 100 hp?
Scott

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the feedback, Gentleman.
Cams,Pipe and a Tune is all I'm gonna do @ this time, got other things brewin! Stock 96" motor with what Ive done so far is prolly in the mid to high 60's in hp. so a 25 hp gain will make me happy, @ the present. Can always hope for a couple two or three more! we'll see...
thx. for the inputs - Jim

·
Registered
720 Posts
How 'bout this?

Wait and buy that new 120R for the street! supposed to be one coming out from HD!

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I had my 96 bored out to a 103, cast flat top 10.5:1 pistons and Woods TW-7H cams and lifters. No idea what it specs out at (don't really care), but I do love the way it rides. That was over 50,000 miles ago. Nothing fancy, just a better touring bike. I use a PCV with an Auto-Tune.

·
Banned
94 Posts
not really sure why guys have HD dealers do ANY performance work.most are very disappointed when finished.experienced performance orientated independent shops will do a way better job

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Don't fall for it, he is full of shit and he is just trying to get you to spend more money.
A 96 inch engine will not pull 100 HP unless you go with high compression engine performance parts.
A 88 inch engine built to a 95 inch with a ton of performance parts will do 100HP & 100 torque. But because the 96 is a stroked 88 it is harder to get the higher HP reading but you can hit higher torque reading.
HP doesn't mean a thing torque is where it is at and a stock 103 with good cams, exhaust and stage 1 intake will usally hits around 95 HP +/- and 105 to 112 ft lb of torque depending on cam used.
Just do the power duals and the cams and the CFRs and you will be happy with what you get out of the 96 inch engine, you should get HP in the high 80's and torque around high 90s.
Look at some dyno sheets and you will see what you can expect.
So true, and so right, a improvement of 25 ponies and 25+ pounds of torque is huge, but I don't buy the BS some dealers spew out especially when they push hard for the sale, do the the cams and the tune its gonna feel like a different scoot, then decide.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JUst a lil update to the thread comments,...
Got a call from h.d. dealer wednesday w/a estimate of parts and labor b4 anything was touched. Dyno guy, which ive known for almost 30 years, he was wrenchn when there wasnt dyno's and ecm's on motorcycles,told me 'Not' to change header pipes! my bike is a 09 and supposedly doesnt have the cat converter in there! I replied w/, "As long as ur 100% positve it doesnt, then dont!" so, to me, hes being , Honest. I absolutely trust this guy, or my bike, wouldnt be where its @! My bikes only seen 2 hd dealers since i received it at Birth. This paticular shop, is the second. BTW, for anyone interested in Ohio the shop is Bukmins. The shop is in Xenia, Ohio , home of one the Worst Tornadoes in US History. That was in 1974 , 73, or 75. If I dont like the #'s he gets, Im liable to tell him to replace the head-pipe, anyway. I did confirm his hp gains over the phone then and he said rite about 90. so,....if it aint there, oh well. He supposed to dyno / b4 and after. Pushrods, lifters and tman 600 cams. TTS mastertuner, stock head pipe, CFR's and scream-n-eagle heavy breather. CFR's are the old ones so we'll see what he can do!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts