Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just bought a 2008 RG anniversry,he wants to change the color but keep the old paint,he has a tank off of a 2011 RG,does anybody know if the 2011 tank will fit on a 2008 RG.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
My buddy just bought a 2008 RG anniversry,he wants to change the color but keep the old paint,he has a tank off of a 2011 RG,does anybody know if the 2011 tank will fit on a 2008 RG.
I want to say that the 6 gal are slightly longer and wider. I would say that since he has the tank, why not take off the current one and see if the 2011 fits. Worst case is that it won't and he is out 15 minutes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Not sure, but I think the 09 and up tanks have the hook for the seat made onto the tank. And 08 and earlier it was on the seat.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I recently took the tank off my 08' following the DYI posted for 09' and up. The attachments were exactly the same as far as bolts, vent tubes and electrical connections and process, but that does not mean something may not be different - btw the 08' are 6 gallon just as 09' and later.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
08 and up are all the same tanks, even the 14s are the same tank, all interchangeable.

Calgaryglide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts