Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to search for an answer to my audio question and haven't found it yet. So I figured what the heck, maybe you'all can offer some assistance. My goal is simple: I want to be able to hook up ear buds for myself and my passenger to the existing Harmon Cardon Radio and audio system. The 2009 SERG has a 3 way speaker switch on the left side of inner faring. The purpose of this speaker switch was to accomodate those who wanted to put a tour pak on with rear speakers. Therefore, it would appear that the Ultra wiring is inside the fairing but I currently have no way to hook up a head set/earbuds to my system. What do I need to accomplish my goal????

Thanks

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Don't know about the wiring, you'll likely have to check the service manual. The 3-way rocker switch controls the speakers and intercom/headset. The forward position provides sound to the headset and the speakers are off, the middle position is for the speakers with CB only in the headset, and the down position is for speakers on with CB thru the speakers.

·
Registered
974 Posts
In order to get my 09 CVO I had to order a complete wiring harness to bring the audio system for me and my wife to be able to plug into it. HD makes it and it really is a plug and plug but it is not cheap-of course. The 09 CVO did not have the tour pack and so they did not have the wire harness for the stereo system and intercom systems but can be added.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've been trying to search for an answer to my audio question and haven't found it yet. So I figured what the heck, maybe you'all can offer some assistance. My goal is simple: I want to be able to hook up ear buds for myself and my passenger to the existing Harmon Cardon Radio and audio system. The 2009 SERG has a 3 way speaker switch on the left side of inner faring. The purpose of this speaker switch was to accomodate those who wanted to put a tour pak on with rear speakers. Therefore, it would appear that the Ultra wiring is inside the fairing but I currently have no way to hook up a head set/earbuds to my system. What do I need to accomplish my goal????

Thanks
Iron Cross Audio can install a headset output.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts