Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1Benn having the bike two weeks and Been modding since I came home. Nothing really special till I got it back today.

I actually purchased a "virgin" bike that is 5 yrs old. No mods done so far to engine. Stock head pipe, stock mufflers, NO tuner of any kind.

Kinda nice to build with what I want, instead of accepting something someone done before me.

Stock seat...Before pic

Upgraded Mustang wide tripper w/ pillon

Stock CVO Shield

Freedom 12" recurve

Stock Suspension ride Height

After Progressive Monotubes -1 in front and 944 -1 in rear

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My opinion on the suspension upgrades, after putting 40 miles on today, is that there is no more brake dive in front, stiffer ride, but firm. LOVE the new suspension.

Put the Mustang on when I returned from picking up from mechanic. Haven't had the time to ride this afternoon, but feel better on the butt and sits a lil lower than the stock seat. Cant wait till tomorrow to put some seat time in.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Congrats on your new CVO, agree as above post that 09 silver is one of favorite CVO color combos..... Take your time and make it your own.... If you r ever in DFW give me a shout.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Good looking ride. Congrats

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You bastard! I love those silver 2009 CVOs wish I had one!
Yes indeed, LOL... I wanted this color/ bike 6 mos after I bought my 2010 CVO SEUC. I have a silver Dodge 2500, my work truck is silver and LOVE this color combo...

This is my other ride in my stable with the RG. Now they can keep each other company.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Below is listed my mods on my 09 orange/black, enjoy the bike.:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congrats

One of my favorite year/colors! That Titanium in person is unbelievable!! I think I'm about sold on the Progressive set up. Hear nothing but good reviews on it here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey love the bike also. :D love it soo much got one. Lol... The mustang solo is exactly what I was looking at also but I want it in maa hog color or distressed leather. And one mod you most def will not regret is the daymakers. (AWESOME). Trust all of the good comments money WELL spent. Love mine. Again great looking bike and I will spy on you for ideas shamelessly. Just saying. :)

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Gave my better half an upgrade. Changed rear pegs to Kury ISO wing boards. They look kinda cool and I used the existing pegs for my Hwy Pegs...

Also cleaned up paint protection film under the new seat (showed too much), cut it back and cleaned fender. Looks nice now.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
After a few decisive measures, bought a king TourPak and was gonna get painted to match, just my luck, the day I received the TourPak, There was a chopped TP on another forum being sold by a member that colormatched my bike with all the extras.

So... I sold my recent purchase of the King and bought the chopped.

Put the stock seat back on due to the wifes insistence and as the saying goes...If the wife aint happy, then nobody's happy.... Soooo, I put the stock seat back on, and the Chopped TP backrest matches the seat.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Very nice set up. I notice you have your factory seat back on. How did the Mustang seat compare to the factory seat?

I have a 09 CVO also and I want to upgrade the seat for next years riding season. Just have not figured out which route to go for a seat.

Thanks....Easyrider

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dooinit, lol I got chopped pak also love it use only on road trips. Looking good man, now if you get thunder header, I will say you got a spy looking at me. And must ask you wanna rid of mustang and pillon?

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice set up. I notice you have your factory seat back on. How did the Mustang seat compare to the factory seat?

I have a 09 CVO also and I want to upgrade the seat for next years riding season. Just have not figured out which route to go for a seat.

Thanks....Easyrider
Mustang seat wasn't bad for me, my better half didn't enjoy the feel when she rode, Sooo, we went back w/ stock for now.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dooinit, lol I got chopped pak also love it use only on road trips. Looking good man, now if you get thunder header, I will say you got a spy looking at me. And must ask you wanna rid of mustang and pillon?

Sent from my DROIDX
Wont be doing a Thunder Header, too OCD for a single pipe, gotta have 2 pipes coming out the back.

Already sold the Seat and pillon...

·
Registered
248 Posts
What front tire is on the bike, it does not look like a Dunlop, after all the issues I have had with Dunlop I'd like to use a different tire, one that does not start cracking at 5K, :confused:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What front tire is on the bike, it does not look like a Dunlop, after all the issues I have had with Dunlop I'd like to use a different tire, one that does not start cracking at 5K, :confused:
Its a Metzler, Sent you a pm.

Good luck so far, but they looked new when I bought the bike, So we'll see...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts