Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my Dave Mackie build with the Megasphere kit. Didn't quite get to the century mark but close. I anticipate that if I were to swap out the true duals for a PowerPort type of 2-2 it might kick it up the remaining 3-4 ponies. Another paycheck down the road. lol. HD FLTR 2009 Dyno Chart 062112 Stage 3.jpg

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update.

Well took the built girl (FLTR) to Crater Lake the end of June. Ran GREAT!!! Averaged 41.8 MPG and had GOBS of power right where and when I needed it.

I ended up on a really nasty road just west of Mad River, CA. (great name for a place for an FLTR rally). It was about 3/4 of a lane wide and had patches of unpaved road for 100-200 yards. The bike and I did ok all the way to Garberville, CA. But I definitely will be checking for loose fasteners.

Oh, and by the way, to those of you in Oregon,,,you have the absolute gooiest bugs I've EVER seen. Took me hours to get them off the paint, windshield, and chrome.

I've got some pics of Crater Lake if anyone's interested. But suffice to say that it is by far my favorite National Park now, and I've seen Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, and Niagara Falls.

BG

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An update after 5000 miles on the Mackie build. So far so good. Also had Feuling Lifters put in as well as S&S rocker arms. Seems smoother and quieter. Did about 160 miles on 3.704 gallons this past Sunday for about 43mpg.

Plenty of power and good running. Glad I did it. To put it in the vernacular...she "S***s and gits!"

BG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts