Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Would like to find some 2009 head pipes. Take offs if you've done an exhaust upgrade. As I understand it, these have no catalytic converter crap in them. Looking to put them on a 2012 RGC and I want to keep the stock had pipes for resale if needed. Shipping to 94538, CA.

Thanks,

DynaDAWG

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Just in case you don't know, the oxygen sensors are a different size and location between 09 and the 10s and newer.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have a head pipe off of a 2013 that has NOT been decatted, you could decat and run it...let me know if your interested..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this is a old tread but i ll see if i can wake up a few of u HD gooroos...If the 2009 headpipe had no catalyst in it they were in the mufflers instead ? So would that mean that mufflers like the supertrapp and kerker stouts made for the 2010 - 2014 would be a louder muffler ? Also would they bolt up to a 2009 se roadglide ?

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I know this is a old tread but i ll see if i can wake up a few of u HD gooroos...If the 2009 headpipe had no catalyst in it they were in the mufflers instead ? So would that mean that mufflers like the supertrapp and kerker stouts made for the 2010 - 2014 would be a louder muffler ? Also would they bolt up to a 2009 se roadglide ?
The catalytic converters aren't there for noise. It's there for emissions reasons. There's no catalyst in the mufflers. Those are basically for noise.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yes any muffler than stock will be louder.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
The 08 and 09 OEM HD mufflers had the cat in them. The main reason HD started to put the cats in the head pipes in the 2010 and later models was to make it harder for the consumer to eliminate the cat. The MOCO was just trying to make the EPA happy.
HD mufflers OEM or SE are not a good muffler for a true dual or custom exhaust because the left and right mufflers internals are different so the muffler do not flow equal.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The 08 and 09 OEM HD mufflers had the cat in them. The main reason HD started to put the cats in the head pipes in the 2010 and later models was to make it harder for the consumer to eliminate the cat. The MOCO was just trying to make the EPA happy.
HD mufflers OEM or SE are not a good muffler for a true dual or custom exhaust because the left and right mufflers internals are different so the muffler do not flow equal.
no ship, there's a 'left' and 'right' stock muffler?! and they're different!?

I would have never thought about them being 'the same but different'.

I'll have to look next time I'm in that part of the garage.. but it does sound logical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts