Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
There are plenty of 09 and earlier upper fairing mounts available but 2010 and later are hard to find used.
You will need the main center fairing mount and the left and right crash bar/fairing mount.
I got the 2010 mounts from forum member PC Pain (Jon) at Horny Toad HD for a good price so give him a call the new mounts don't cost a lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stupid question but is the difference from pre 09 to post 09 mount the height of the fairing?

I'm doing an 08 road king conversion pre 09 would work for me how much$$$

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Stupid question but is the difference from pre 09 to post 09 mount the height of the fairing?

I'm doing an 08 road king conversion pre 09 would work for me how much$$$
If you are doing a conversion, you might as well get the 2010 mounts. Give PCPain a call, there are many threads here that have his contact info. He knows exactly what you need.

The change was made to allow stock vented lowers to be installed. Previous to 2010, any Road Glide had custom made lowers, different from other Touring bikes.

They raised the fairing about an inch, and tilted it forward about 2 degrees over the previous position. The crash bar mounts allow for this change, and also are tilted inward to clear the lower fairing "ears". Note: very old lowers have longer "ears" than current models. They will fit, but you have to take a saw to them.

There are folks on here who have done conversions, they should be able to give you some help with that aspect. From what I have heard, Batwing conversions are easier because they should already have most, if not all the gauges, radio and wiring. Road Kings are a different animal. Jon (PCPain) may be able to help you with this as well, you will probably need some harness updates.

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts