Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the tallest ape I can run on my 2010 without having to lengthen anything? I have heritage bars now, but am thinking of going up to 10" apes.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
do you have abs on your ride? The fitment says the heritage bars won't work the abs, also how do you like them? I was thinking about putting them on mine

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
15" apes is max on the 2010's. 10" apes you will still have plenty.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So nothing needs to be lengthened? Not even the brake line? May have to get some 10" apes in that case :)

Peewee, the Heritage bars fit right on, no idea what ABS has to do with them other than maybe it's a general statement HD puts out in case you have to change the brake line.

·
Registered
407 Posts
So can I do 14" Monkeys on an 08? It does have ABS but I do not think that matters. I sent Paul Yaffe an email a couple of weeks ago and he said 10" was the highest without changing cables?

"10” OEN Monkeys is the highest you can go and still use stock cables. Same as on the bike below.
www.baggernation.com/pauls-08-roadglide/ $375 black or chrome"

I would love to go up to 14" or 15" without changing anything else...

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
So nothing needs to be lengthened? Not even the brake line? May have to get some 10" apes in that case :)
Brake line needs to have a couple zip ties cut up on the frame but they are plenty long for 10" apes.

ncbeast - can't help you there brother,.. never worked on an 08' before. Did an 07' with 14's, and almost everything had to be changed or extended for it, except the wiring.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brake line needs to have a couple zip ties cut up on the frame but they are plenty long for 10" apes.

ncbeast - can't help you there brother,.. never worked on an 08' before. Did an 07' with 14's, and almost everything had to be changed or extended for it, except the wiring.
Thanks. Hey, you still got the first set of bars? Didn't see them in the classifieds.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just finished my Chubby 10"s install. What a pain in the a$$!

Didn't have to lengthen a single wire or line.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

I'm going to bed.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Did cyclesmith 13" on my 08 SG with ABS. Wires were fine but needed to add +6 on the clutch and upper brake line. Going to do chubby 14's on my new RG. I got to be in the right frame of mind and not do it in the middle of riding season. Going to be a Oct/Nov project for me.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Roll with Chains suggestion they are a comfortable height but not to tall .Make sure the pull back is correct and you have the windshield on the bike your gonna run with or tour with .You may have a interference issue if your not careful :cool:

·
Registered
472 Posts
So can I do 14" Monkeys on an 08? It does have ABS but I do not think that matters. I sent Paul Yaffe an email a couple of weeks ago and he said 10" was the highest without changing cables?

"10” OEN Monkeys is the highest you can go and still use stock cables. Same as on the bike below.
www.baggernation.com/pauls-08-roadglide/ $375 black or chrome"

I would love to go up to 14" or 15" without changing anything else...
They are APEs brother not Monkeys ( I think Yaffe calls them that ) :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts