Registered
2000 Screaming Eagle Roadglide
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious if anybody has anypics of there’s before and after? Thanks guys

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
If you search you should find some pics. This was a pretty common mod back in 2010 ,11.

Reactions: Shmless

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
It’s a common upgrade to change the angle of the Fairing to use the Electra Glide Lowers instead of the less common Road Glide only Lowers.
The only difference is the center Fairing Support and the two Fairing supports. It just takes time to remove the Fairing to change supports.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
This mod was not about a look for me, it was about being able to run the nicer fairing lowers. I had to readjust my headlight when I was done and I also added a 1.5" tank lift to realign my stripes (tank to front fairing).

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
This mod was not about a look for me, it was about being able to run the nicer fairing lowers. I had to readjust my headlight when I was done and I also added a 1.5" tank lift to realign my stripes (tank to front fairing).
I, also wanted not to be required to use the Road Glide only lowers that didn’t have vents. And I didn’t want to take my Fairing apart to install the new mount. Plus I had heard that if you use the later Fairing mounts, the lines of the trim from the Fairing will no longer align with the tank trim.
So I purchased a pair of Electra Glide Vented Lowers To try on my 2009 Road Glide. The only thing I needed to do was to trim the Engine Guard cover to fit the lower Fairing Supports. The lowers did contact the Fairing where it flairs out. But it’s a solid contact, with no vibration. And the lines on the paint were still aligned.

·
Registered
2000 Screaming Eagle Roadglide
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I researched my ass off and read the write up on cvo Harley with pictures. He had an 09. I read somewhere that the older turn signals were mounted different than the 09s. Mines a 2000. I wonder if im
Gonna have to buy newer turn signals? And freaky what did you use to raise the front of your tank? The strap from a ubolt? Thanks for all the replies fellas

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I researched my ass off and read the write up on cvo Harley with pictures. He had an 09. I read somewhere that the older turn signals were mounted different than the 09s. Mines a 2000. I wonder if im
Gonna have to buy newer turn signals? And freaky what did you use to raise the front of your tank? The strap from a ubolt? Thanks for all the replies fellas
Your Fairing is the same Fairing from the introduction of the Road Glide in 1998 until the Rushmore was introduced in 2014. They used the same turn signal mounts on all those years. The turn signal mounting changed in 2014 with the new fairing. The lights themselves may look different, but mount the same. The ones on mine are Kuryakan Driving light with turn signals. They look different but mounted the same as stock Harley turn signals.

And I didn’t change my tank. It’s in the stock location.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That is the link to when I did mine and some pics (sorry they are not the best pics). It was a DK Custom's Tank Lift (1&1/2")
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6,757 Posts
It’s a common upgrade to change the angle of the Fairing to use the Electra Glide Lowers instead of the less common Road Glide only Lowers.
The only difference is the center Fairing Support and the two Fairing supports. It just takes time to remove the Fairing to change supports.
You should be able to do it with no problems.
I did it to my 2008.
In 2010 HD raised the upper fairing to allow them to install vented fairing lowers. So all you need is the 2010-2013 side fairing mounts that mount to the highway bars and the center upper fairing mount if you can still get them. To tell the truth I can't recall if I needed to get the center mount or not but to be safe get the center mount.
It's a real nice upgrade IMO
Good time to upgrade the radio too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts