Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RGC 2010 16k miles I bought at an auction and the bike ran but had some idle issues. The idle searches or fluctuates and sometimes even stalls, does it hot or cold and runs great off idle. i bought the bike to ride to sturgis this year. I unplug the map sensor idles at 1000 rpms and pretty smooth. I thought must be mapp sensor so i borrowed a neighbors out of a running 2013 bike same part number and the bike did the same thing idle all over almost stalling and unplugged runs good and even revs up. I cannot get a dealer to look at the bike soon enouph to make sturgis so I am kinda in a tight spot. Any help /suggestions would be great I want to make sturgis badly i just need to get the idle under control.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
edc

troble codes are p0107 map low open p0113 sensor voltage high low iat p0134 front o2 sensor open p0154rear o2 sensor open p0563 battery voltage high p0505 loss idle speed control looks like alot of codes

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Most of the codes are voltage related. Check all your ground wires and make sure all the connections are clean and tight. Physically check the map sensor wiring for damage.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Check the top of the throttle body there is a rubber cap on a vacuum stem, if the cap is gone or cracked it may cause a idle issue. A lot of idle problem can be the result of a vacuum leak so check the throttle body and make sure it is tight.
Also cycling the ignition on then off 5 times will reset the engine's idle speed.

Reactions: Scoop

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys I appreciate all the posts I checked the wiring and the rubber boot both unfortunately look good I did test and look at the grounds and as far as i can tell they are fine. So I got it too a Harley shop. I hate to say it but I hate dealerships and all "shops" thus why I do most everything on my own. I pull up the guy try's to do a idle ecm rest with no avail. Then tells me I need it tuned due to a thunder header on the bike and stock air cleaner. He points to the bluing saying its lean. I tell him I don't disagree and he says you need a dyno tune. I ask what does that cost $500 for the tuner $400 for the dyno and $200 for the air cleaner grand total $1100. I of course was not interested in dropping $1100, also I kinda want the bike stock I think its the most reliable stock. So I ask if i get stock pipes will that fix the bike? His reply I don't know so then they check the ecm and say its not stock its been race tuned. Two values where set 100% and never moved. I asked is there any way to flash it back to stock and was told no. So I asked if they would still scan the bike and see if all sensors are working correctly. I get the news tomorrow, I am hoping for a sensor, but I have to admit I think the guys at the shop feel they "found the problem" So how hard will they looks?? I feel like I wasted time and money turning to them for some assistance. I wish there was an affordable software where home mechanics could run some diagnostics on there own. The worst part i have to cancel my sturgis run. I am hoping maybe a sensor is bad causing a value to default to 100%

1 - 5 of 5 Posts