Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's proof that a great tuner working with minimal performance pieces can produce decent numbers. I was happy with my FM stage1 setup(2-1-2 headpipe, SE A/C, PCV and thundercones slip-on), then i drove my buddies bike that had a Woods 555, my stage1 was not enough. I found a deal here for the Feuling 574 Reaper cam, installed it last weekend on top of my stage1, stock compression and no head work. Made an appointment with the best tuner on the west coast, Bob at RC Cycles. After 3 hours and 16 dyno runs, Bob made me a fan of his great tuning. Oh, my buddy with the Woods 555, all he sees now are my tail-lights :D This will keep me happy this summer, winter project to make the 574 shine, high compression 107, performance heads, performance exhaust and replacing the PCV.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Very, very nice! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Great numbers. Enjoy the ride.

Rowdy

·
Registered
569 Posts
#

really nice numbers would there be much difference if you had gone the 777, or do you have to bump compression to get the 777 to pop?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I know I am going to sound like an idiot here to the guys who know building/tuning bikes but I'm amazed at how much you gained having the bike tuned?! WOW

Either that or I am missing something....LOL

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did Bob tell you wht was causing the dip? pipes or not enough compression? peak numbers are good
Jeff,

Bob said pipes and compression would improve numbers, he didn't really like the PCV because there were no O2 sensors, so it was a little hit & miss without info from the O2's. That's why i'm thinking about getting rid of the PCV for something that he can get the best tune with, probably TTS. I'm happy with the tune, bike is very strong all the way to red-line :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
really nice numbers would there be much difference if you had gone the 777, or do you have to bump compression to get the 777 to pop?
Feuling actually wants more compression and better heads to get the most out of this grind. I believe that the 777 & 574 cams are very similiar spec wise, I got the 574 because the price was so good (about $150 less than the 777, it was used with about 500 miles on it).

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Is Bob back doing the tunes at the shop or still doing remote? I hope he is back and doing better since his accident.

I need to make an appointment to see him again.

Best on the West!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is Bob back doing the tunes at the shop or still doing remote? I hope he is back and doing better since his accident.

I need to make an appointment to see him again.

Best on the West!
Bob is back at the shop, still hurting from the accident but his spirit is high. Go see him when you get a chance, you know Bob loves being around people.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Those are some nice numbers for only doing a cam change and tune.

Now go enjoy it! lol

Stephen

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats on the tune! Should be fun to ride! Who did the tune for your stage 1 with 55hp & 68tq?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HDGuy,
Good catch, actually my stage 1 was at 78hp/92tq, after the cam install i got a canned map from fuelmoto for the cam and those were the numbers you saw.
Your right, this bike is now a blast to ride :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
i rember when i had unlimited access to a dyno .i cant even begin to imagine all the hours spent jetting degreeing and making pulls. man those were the days.
now its hi-tech
oh wait GREAT numbers im going to start getting some parts hope i have the dyno gods on my side

1 - 19 of 19 Posts