Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bike in to get tuned by Doc yesterday. Only mods to the bike are the Dragula 2-1 pipe and Ness Big Sucker intake. Final numbers: 82 hp and 103.6 ft-lbs! Wonder what some cams would add to this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
That is a great tune Real numbers...... Go for the cams
Tman 555 tq or Doc likes the 254E
We have done some combos with port heads and tman 555 tq cam and see 109hp 128 tq.... with Dragula with TTS or PCV.
Thank you and enjoy.........

Took my bike in to get tuned by Doc yesterday. Only mods to the bike are the Dragula 2-1 pipe and Ness Big Sucker intake. Final numbers: 82 hp and 103.6 ft-lbs! Wonder what some cams would add to this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
830 Posts
I like those numbers!

Hopefully I am sitting right there also!:D

·
Registered
397 Posts
Weird............. Ive seen 103s with 255s with the same hp and tq!:cool: Frank knows his stuff and obviosly makes a GREAT exhaust. Compliments, Im just being sarcastic about the 255 se cams. Great job picking out a GREAT EXHAUST. Many people have been happy with his pipe:D

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Its a combo of things.
1. Good exhaust well balanced. is the key.. Spent over a 2yeasr with design and prototype on this pipe with EPI going back and forth........ more times than I wanted tooooooo....
2. Tuner understanding what he or she is doing and under stand the system.
He is very lucky to have Docs Performance in his back yard. Doc is the master of the TTS. He trains almost all of us on it.

We hear everyday from emails and phone calls I built this combo and got this number and there not happy. And alot of times its the tune in the bike and people not understanding how to use it.

We just had a guy drive down from Min. St Paul and had us tune his TTS because the shop's that did the motor build and and tune did not know how to use the TTS it would not make power tq started at 100ft/lbs at 4300rpm thats bad. His cruise did not work and etc.,,,,,,
We spent 4/5 hours on the dyno and when I was done it hit 100 tq at 2200 rpm and stayed over 105/110 until 5200rpm where it should be.

Again as long as you have a very good combo and a good tuner you can have the biggest and baddest stuff but it means nothing if the guy that tunes it does not know what they are doing...........:D

Sorry if I was blah blahhhhhhh

Weird............. Ive seen 103s with 255s with the same hp and tq!:cool: Frank knows his stuff and obviosly makes a GREAT exhaust. Compliments, Im just being sarcastic about the 255 se cams. Great job picking out a GREAT EXHAUST. Many people have been happy with his pipe:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tuning & Drago

This is exactly what I tried to talk to you about today...if only my phone would work properly! Hope you received my email today? Thanks Frank!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2008 fltr

Bumped mine to 103 Stage III with 259e cams with stock headers and some sampson slip-ons, makes 91 hp and 100 ftlbs
Now I need a new pipe, just haven't settled on the one I want. I do know I want a 2-1 pipe just which one from all the choices?
I'm after the low mellow note.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts