Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2019 fltru
806 Posts
in reading all the posts it is obvious the 110 was not a very good motor-the 103 was a better motor-i have had both-to me the airflow from newer fairing is sweet-i had a madstat and sancho wings on the cvo-a friend that owns slc harley looked at my 2011 one day and asked about shield and wings-i told him hd had to copy after market to keep up-what a lot of us had then is factory now.i agree with joem i don't need to add anything but exhaust-still have a year on warrenty not going to screw that up.as a note on the 110 i pulled the 255 cams,felt like they created more heat and didn't like the power curve.it was to low.all of them will have problems from time to time--good luck

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
Get the m8. Put a A/C, exhaust, cam, tuner and change your lifters every 20k. You’ll be happy. Also change the oil pump.. that year had issues.

·
Registered
2021 Road Glide Limited
11 Posts
I also had an '11 CVORGU and it pretty much sealed the deal I'd never have another Harley, or at least a 110. Then I rode a 2021 RG Limited and kept riding it until I rode it home. The heat from that 110 was unforgettable and unforgivable. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks, looking for opinions,

looking at 2 bikes, both close in price (within 3k) and cvo has lower km (33 vs 59k kilometres).
CVO has 110 Screamin Eagle, 2017 has 107 M8.
If I want to save a bunch there is also a 2014 Electra Glide Ultra Limited with 109k km.

Which to buy?

I welcome your thoughts, throw it out here...

stay safe, cheers,
Dale
2017 all day everyday

·
Registered
33 Posts
2017…and check the transmission fluid. You want to know if it has oil migration issues or if has been repaired.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
well, dealer staff have been screwing around.
tired of dealing with them.

they had the 2014 egc limited and the 2017 RG.

found a very nice 2014 egc limited for very good price, probably bringing that one home in a week until I can find a RG that I want.

thanks for help guys,
cheers
Dale

21 - 29 of 29 Posts