Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

just got my first HD, a 2011 CVO RG Ultra. Biggest thing I noticed is how difficult the clutch is to pull in. After a long day of riding my wrist is killing me! Are there any mechanical mods I can make to ease it up some?? thanks.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Might need to have the fluid changed. One thing I did on mine was add the Clutchwiz. I also added a heavier spring at the time. Slightly easier than before but if you were to just add the CW and not the spring, it should be noticeably better.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You might check if the heavy duty spring was installed for some reason?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
They were the ones on the right after you click Harley Davidson. The ones on the left are cable only and the ones on the right say Hydrolic clutch only.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
They were the ones on the right after you click Harley Davidson. The ones on the left are cable only and the ones on the right say Hydrolic clutch only.
Guess it helps if I would click on the pix. Looks like an interesting concept. Do you know anyone that has used them?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
No I don't. I was just about to ask the same question. I would like to hear if they really work.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
H8HRBT, I checked out the fitment list & didn't see anything for your model. I'd give them a call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the CW and the 480 spring will be here soon. looking forward to trying it out. I actually spoke to the "Wiz", the inventor of the Clutch Wiz, and he said 110 and 120 engines require the 480 spring. He's been a great help and very responsive :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Guess it helps if I would click on the pix. Looks like an interesting concept. Do you know anyone that has used them?
OBB... I just installed the Oberon levers on my 2015 RGS. This should of been my first upgrade. I can now control the friction zone... Something that I was having great difficulty doing with the stock levers. I was doing 20' circles and figure 8's in the cul de sac once it got them installed. I'm taking the Precision Riding Class (Police style low speed control) in a few weeks and was contemplating cancelling because I couldn't control the FZ consistently. I now waiting for my softbrake brake pedal and put that in a position that can be easily reached when performing all the exercises in the class.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
OBB... I just installed the Oberon levers on my 2015 RGS. This should of been my first upgrade. I can now control the friction zone... Something that I was having great difficulty doing with the stock levers. I was doing 20' circles and figure 8's in the cul de sac once it got them installed. I'm taking the Precision Riding Class (Police style low speed control) in a few weeks and was contemplating cancelling because I couldn't control the FZ consistently. I now waiting for my softbrake brake pedal and put that in a position that can be easily reached when performing all the exercises in the class.
Wish I had the nerve and talent to get into a class like that. Post up a pix of those levers. How hard is the install. I've got a '15 also now and am always interested in stuff like this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here ya go...

As for the class... It should be easier with the RGS than it was on the Connie. Blue painter's tape is your friend. Put it on the crash bars and let it take the brunt of the tip over. They're all low speed and very little if any damage occurs. Some people that take these classes remove anything that can come off the bike. I prefer to learn these maneuvers with all the stuff on... The way I normally ride the bike. The levers are what made the difference between cancelling or taking the course.

·
Registered
972 Posts
When I took the course I cut Vinyl tubing and zip tied it to the bars front and rear. Works very well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts