Road Glide banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Road Glide Ultra
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably picking up some KST 14" Spearheads tomorrow, need wires/cables for them. Anyone have any good sources? Hoping to catch some Black Friday deals.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,032 Posts
I’ll second what @JacktheBagger said.
Magnum Shielding!
Great Products with Great Customer Service.
Worth a call They will set You up with exactly what You need.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
If your running 14s like I did on my 2011 FLTRX, you just need a new clutch cable and brake line, the wiring reaches if you route it differently, I got both of those from Drag specialties and my indy shop right up the road from me worked out great.

·
Registered
2011 Road Glide Ultra
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked them out, they aren't open and don't appear to be running any BF sales. I don't like that they just have sizes, I don't know what size I need, 60, 65, 70, don't know. And it's all pieced together.

I'm leaning towards this Burly kit, comes with everything and is made in the USA.

Font Parallel Number Screenshot Document

·
Registered
2011 Road Glide Ultra
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your running 14s like I did on my 2011 FLTRX, you just need a new clutch cable and brake line, the wiring reaches if you route it differently, I got both of those from Drag specialties and my indy shop right up the road from me worked out great.
Which bars were those? From what I'm seeing the KST Spearheads run a bit tall and are quite wide.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
5,311 Posts
I checked them out, they aren't open and don't appear to be running any BF sales. I don't like that they just have sizes, I don't know what size I need, 60, 65, 70, don't know. And it's all pieced together.

I'm leaning towards this Burly kit, comes with everything and is made in the USA.
Take a piece of string and run it along the length of your current cable. Use tape to hold it in place if ytou don;t have a third hand. Afterwards, measure the length. Measure the height of your current bars (stock are usually 10" or 12"). Then, add however many inches you plan on increasing with your new bars - you have your cable length. Also, some of those cable sites will tell you how long your OE cable length is from HD, and then they sell +2 or +4 etc cables. It is rather easy to determine required cable and brake line length.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Which bars were those? From what I'm seeing the KST Spearheads run a bit tall and are quite wide.

I ran Wild 1s Reaper bars , these are the most comfortable bars I have ever had on a bike , perfect hand position IMO. Plenty of wire length so it doesn't pull tight anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts