Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bike back from the tuner yesterday. Re-tuned after adding the power duals. Setup is:

Vance & Hines power duals
Vance & Hines monster ovals
SE air cleaner
SERT

89 HP
108 TQ

Big improvement in sound quality with the power duals. Bike runs good now. :D

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Congrats on getting the bike dialed in. It's awesome when ya get there. Enjoy the ride...

Rowdy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Enjoy the ride. What were the numbers to start with??
Started with V&H monster ovals, SE air cleaner and SERT all installed by dealer when I bought the bike. Dealer talked me into letin them dyno the bike.

Before tuning 67.21 HP, 83.12 TQ
After tuning 72.97 HP, 86.79 TQ

Rode that for 900 miles and took it into local independent shop and got the real tune.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Wow, 16 HP - that's a pretty good jump! So was dealer tune that bad, or did the Power Duals make that much difference? Maybe a little of both?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Got my bike back from the tuner yesterday. Re-tuned after adding the power duals. Setup is:

SE air cleaner
SERT

89 HP
108 TQ

Great numbers!!! Work that scooter like a rib bro!!!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Great numbers!!! Work that scooter like a rib bro!!!!!
I dont really know what that means I saw it on Yo MTV Raps, and thought it would give me street cred!

·
Registered
211 Posts

SE air cleaner
SERT

89 HP
108 TQ

Please post the Dyno sheet.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
HP increase is nice, but the TQ number up 25lbs with just a re-dyno&tune. Either original dealer tune was done badly, or the two dynos are setup totally differently. Either way, those new numbers are huge for a basically stock engine.

108/87 = 1.24, that's a 24% increase just with a better dyno tune(same mods) on an otherwise stock 103!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

SE air cleaner
SERT

89 HP
108 TQ

My 103 didn't see those numbers with Dyno, Vance and Hinds Power duals / Hi Output, SE Air and tuner.
The torque peak dyno is 97.04 ft-lb @ 3000 rpm. I'll scan and post my Dyno sheet this week. Still happy with the seat of the pants torque until the cams!

·
Registered
74 Posts
HP increase is nice, but the TQ number up 25lbs with just a re-dyno&tune. Either original dealer tune was done badly, or the two dynos are setup totally differently. Either way, those new numbers are huge for a basically stock engine.

108/87 = 1.24, that's a 24% increase just with a better dyno tune(same mods) on an otherwise stock 103!
I agree, that's a mighty 'happy' dyno run for stock heads and cams. Wonder what it would look like on a corrected DynoJet run?......

Either way, I'm sure it feels strong when ya' twist the wick....

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Here is the dyno run sheet. I would not sy the dealer did a bad job, I would say the local shop has a lot more experence.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/electra3131/Dyno.jpg
:confused:
Where is the HP and TQ scope tracer lines on the dyno sheet?

My Dyno sheet has a blue tracer line that starts at 1800 RPM and a red tracer line at the same line as the engine RPM runs up to 6400 RPM the tracers go up as the RPM goes up. The peak torque @ 3800 RPM (97.4 ft/lbs) then starts to drop off where is ends at 6250 RPM. The peak HP red tracer runs over 80 HP @ 4500 RPM & peaks @ 5050 RPM (82.83HP). It holds the HP until shut down. The torque climbs high from 1800 RPM to 3500 RPM. This proves the V&H power duals are producing low end torque. It's the reason I pulled the trigger on them and the V&H HI-Output

·
Registered
128 Posts
Had my Ultra done yesterday...have a Ventilator, Power Duals and Twin Slash Rounds on her. She ended up with 80.01 hp and 97.09 torque. I wouldn't think the Monster Rounds would add that much more but damn.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Had my Ultra done yesterday...have a Ventilator, Power Duals and Twin Slash Rounds on her. She ended up with 80.01 hp and 97.09 torque. I wouldn't think the Monster Rounds would add that much more but damn.
ARDiverDown: Forget about the number because she has penty of seat of your pants torque now. Maybe S&S cam next Winter? lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
ichiban, I hear ya. I am satisfied with my new girl for sure. We will see how she does in on the Dragon and moutains next weekend. You nailed it on the head, most likely adding new cams in the winter.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
ichiban, I hear ya. I am satisfied with my new girl for sure. We will see how she does in on the Dragon and moutains next weekend. You nailed it on the head, most likely adding new cams in the winter.
Check out the 551 S&S Easy Start touring cam. This for what I read is the cam for me. Next Winter mod for sure. :cool:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Check out the outside temp when the Dyno was run :D

Arlen Ness Big Sucker and PCV...for now....:p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts