Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2011 CVO RGU that came from the factory WITH A Zumo Road Tech 660.

I also have a Zumo RT 665 with an XM radio antenna on my Road King that I'm selling without the RT 665.

What I would like to do is simply take the 665 and snap it in the 660 GPS mount and plug-in the XM antenna into the mini USB port. However, I cannot find a mini USB port on the 660 harness.

On my 665 wiring harness there is a mini USB port where I plug in XM puck. I understand that the 660 has the same wiring harness as a 665, but I am unable to find the mini USB port on my Road Glide. Has anyone had any experience with installing a 665 using the existing 660 wiring AND if so where did you find a mini USB port tucked awat? Is it in the faring? Can I simply plug in the XM antenna to the mini USB port and then subscribe to nav and traffic?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
111 Posts
There is a USB on the GPS wiring harness. It is hard to find but it is there.

The main cable from the mount will split into 2 legs.

Each leg will split again into 2 legs.

so you end up with 4 legs.

The first split has 2 legs, one of those legs will have the:

1 leg for your power.

1 leg for your USB

The other leg will have the:

1 leg for your 3.5mm stereo audio output port

1 leg for your 2.5mm Mono Microphone Input port

[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response pilot! Before taking the outer fairing off, I wanted to be sure the 660 had the mini USB port. Hopefully, it won't be too hard to find. Since the 660 harness has the USB port, do you know if there is anything else I need to do to get weather and traffic on the 665 other than plug it in and buy a subscription? Again, thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nothing else to do. The only problem you may have is that you have an old 660 mount which is not compatible with the XM Radio puck. If the XM does not show up on the GPS after the puck is plugged in then you will need a new mount. Around 2010 Garmin stopped making different mounts for the 660 and 665 and started making just one mount for both models.

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts