Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got everything I'd need gathered together, installed, and tuned. Seat of the pants feels is very different and in a good way. Has the torque right where I wanted it to be. Wouldn't mind getting the HP number up some but there is only so much that can be accomplished, or expected, on a very limited budget.

Details: 2011 RGC, stock heads, stock compression, SE Hi-flow A/C, de-catted stock headpipe, SE 255 cams, SE tapered adj pushrods, Klock Werks slip-on's, SEPRT and tuned at Illinois Harley by Jim Egizio. For those who don't think an actual tune is worth it, I installed everything myself to save $$ so the gains were just from the tune. Starting numbers were 76 hp and 93ft/lb.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. How do you like the feel of it now?
The off the line and roll on pull are a night and day difference even two up. I'm sure with some additional work the curve could run out a little further but I just don't ride it wound up that tight anymore. When I talked with the tuner I was honest about how I actually ride. Two up 95+% of the time. A couple times a year pulling a trailer with camping gear. Usually running at 3-3.2k rpm at cruising speed. Wanted more pull for hills and getting around traffic. He recommended a couple of combinations that he thought would give me what I needed...where I needed it. I think he was pretty spot on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts