Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of installing a Rockford Fosgate PBR 300X2 amp and connecting it to only the front speakers and replacing the front speakers only. This way I could stay with the 2 ohm system. My goal is to keep the cost down but still be able to hear music at highway speeds. Opinions on this approach? Also - with all that I've been reading about flashing the HU what exactly is does that mean and how is it done?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Your 2011 doesn't require a flash. Get a set of Infinity Kappa 62.11 for the front and you'll be good to go. Will need to get some speaker adapters. I used cheap ones from Ebay and they worked just fine.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Not sure how cheap those cheap ebay speaker adapters are but you can get a set of hawgwired speaker adapters for $39.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I would strongly recommend you consider a 4 way amp with 4 upgraded speakers.

I have been running a Bazooka 200/4 amp with JM Rokker speakers for the last 3 years. I am very happy with this setup.

I have found that when riding 1 up having the rear speakers makes the music sound fuller and more clear. I can clearly hear the music at highway speeds with now issues.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thats not a bad approach, but I would not buy that amp. It has a history of distortion and interference problems. Check out the Arc Audio MPAK kits, they are a good deal and Arc is quality stuff. Get 6.5 inch or larger front speakers, and with an amp you will hear them loud and clear even on the freeway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts