Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks I've got a 2011 RGU and I cannot get I to turn over. I've had the battery on trickle for the last 3 weeks. I appear to have good power as the radio and all systems power up but when I push the start button I get nothing.
I would rather not take it to the dealer so I am asking for some help here, please.

·
Administrator
10,409 Posts
All that stuff will power up sometimes with a dead battery . Do you have a multimeter ?
Should have close to 13v across the terminals.Three weeks and nothing is very likely the battery.

JtB

·
Registered
769 Posts
Make sure your kill switch is in the run position. Happens

·
Registered
491 Posts
Make sure your kill switch is in the run position. Happens
+1 on this if you're getting absolutely nothing when trying to start. Make sure the key fob battery is good too.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Check the small wire at the back of the starter, if that has a bad connection the starter will be dead as a door nail, no click ,clunk just silence. If that wire is good then check your starter relay in the fuse block.
You should also check all the other wire connections at the starter.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Check the small wire at the back of the starter, if that has a bad connection the starter will be dead as a door nail, no click ,clunk just silence. If that wire is good then check your starter relay in the fuse block.
You should also check all the other wire connections at the starter.
+1 on the relay, if daring you could try a jumper cable direct to the starter lug, if she spins then it is the control side of the starter button, kill switch or relay.
BTW make sure the bike is really in neutral, don't ask me how I know to double check it before using a jumper cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts