·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Road Glide Ultra (FLTRU)
2014 103 engine with Woods 555 cams Dyno tuned
Bike has 44862 miles, motor has 11,800 miles
V&H Header, Rush slip-ons, Screaming Eagle air cleaner
Bike lowered two inches (rear shocks and front shocks altered)
Hinged doors on the lowers, extra power port
12” windshield, heated grips, guarded grips
New ABS module and brake flush
New tires and brakes, Led Headlights and driving lights and mirror directionals
Sony radio with blue tooth and 2 usb ports, Harley upgraded speakers
Too much more to mention.
Located Bonita Springs Florida

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bike won't sell.

Can anyone tell me why my bike won't sell. i even reduced to $9500. I have had a lo of tire kickers who say they love the bike but...

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
More than likely it’s that it is age of bike, mileage, TC not M8 & bikes aren’t selling like they used too. Try selling on Rumbleon & you will be lucky to get $6,000 for it. At least that’s what I have found here in Jacksonville with my 2009 FLTRSE3. 45,000 miles on it , 10 years old & last of the handmade CVO’s. Rumble on offering me 6500, Harley offered me on a trade 9000, BMW offered me on trade 9500. I decided to just keep it and when I’m ready to buy another i will just have two,I’m certainly not going to give it away. Good luck in your sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More than likely it’s that it is age of bike, mileage, TC not M8 & bikes aren’t selling like they used too. Try selling on Rumbleon & you will be lucky to get $6,000 for it. At least that’s what I have found here in Jacksonville with my 2009 FLTRSE3. 45,000 miles on it , 10 years old & last of the handmade CVO’s. Rumble on offering me 6500, Harley offered me on a trade 9000, BMW offered me on trade 9500. I decided to just keep it and when I’m ready to buy another i will just have two,I’m certainly not going to give it away. Good luck in your sale.

I have a 2017 M8 Special that I use now every day. Fortunately I don't have to sell the bike, but I don't understand why someone would buy a used bike from the dealer at a much higher cost and then the dealer adds thousands to the price after the sale and then try to add a waranty for an additional cost. :confused:

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I totally agree with you it’s confusing as hell. I sold my 2008 RG 2 years ago to a private party and ended up getting 10,500 for it. I took a big hit on all the upgrades on it, but was expecting that. In the end I was ok with the what I got as I also had 78,000 on it, but only 16,000 since the stage 4 was done.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I have a 2017 M8 Special that I use now every day. Fortunately I don't have to sell the bike, but I don't understand why someone would buy a used bike from the dealer at a much higher cost and then the dealer adds thousands to the price after the sale and then try to add a waranty for an additional cost. :confused:

Most people are shopping for a payment these days and it's real easy to just walk into the dealership and say I want that bike for this payment. They end up paying twice as much is some cases but they have the payment they want and figure if it breaks they have the warranty. The reality is that they really can't afford what they are getting. Getting a bike like yours at that price is a steal and it's sad so many are passing it up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No kidding , step right up folks ! Easy low payments for 7 years ! Lol...

Paid cash for my $10,000 2011 ultra last July and I love it , that new stuff ain’t $20,000 cooler than my rig with the title in the sock drawer ...

GLWS

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
No kidding , step right up folks ! Easy low payments for 7 years ! Lol...

Paid cash for my $10,000 2011 ultra last July and I love it , that new stuff ain’t $20,000 cooler than my rig with the title in the sock drawer ...

GLWS
You got to love the smell of a paid for bike

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Dealer will make it 60 easy payments is why.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
2011 Road Glide Ultra (FLTRU)
2014 103 engine with Woods 555 cams Dyno tuned
Bike has 44862 miles, motor has 11,800 miles
V&H Header, Rush slip-ons, Screaming Eagle air cleaner
Bike lowered two inches (rear shocks and front shocks altered)
Hinged doors on the lowers, extra power port
12” windshield, heated grips, guarded grips
New ABS module and brake flush
New tires and brakes, Led Headlights and driving lights and mirror directionals
Sony radio with blue tooth and 2 usb ports, Harley upgraded speakers
Too much more to mention.
Located Bonita Springs Florida
If what you have listed above is what you have listed in your other ads without any explanation as to why you now have a different engine and different ABS unit, I personally would wonder if this is a lemon bike that you are tired of fixing and want to dump.

It is definitely a buyers market when it comes to used bikes. I peruse craigslist and see the same bikes over and over again.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If what you have listed above is what you have listed in your other ads without any explanation as to why you now have a different engine and different ABS unit, I personally would wonder if this is a lemon bike that you are tired of fixing and want to dump.

It is definitely a buyers market when it comes to used bikes. I peruse craigslist and see the same bikes over and over again.
Good point.
ABS failure is because I never changed the fluid as per the recall, but I did manage 40,000 miles before the failure. Engine failure was because of crank shaft side play. First year puting the 107 in the ultra.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts