Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help.......

My cruise control won't hold for more than 1 mile at any given time.
Flip the switch and red light comes on, set the speed with the thumb button and green light shows up on gauges.
1 mile later, it just releases. Red light stays on, no codes and light on gauges turns amber.
I can reset it again and it does the same thing........
Any ideas?

·
Registered
248 Posts
check that your brake lights are not flickering
if you have had your handlebars off it is possible that the switch is not quite seated correctly and sending a brake light signal shutting down the cruise

·
Registered
248 Posts
check that your brake lights are not flickering
if you have had your handlebars off it is possible that the switch is not quite seated correctly and sending a brake light signal shutting down the cruise
if you hit a bump it can shut down, also is your front brake pulls back to the grip it can cause the same problem

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I haven't had the brake switch recall done yet. Should I have that done first, then start the other troubleshooting?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I struggled with that too and it turned out to be the front brake lever not engaging the button switch. I inserted a tiny screw into the back of the lever; problem solved.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I had the same problem a while back. My problem was the cruise switch, replaced the switch problem fixed.

Need a little help.......

My cruise control won't hold for more than 1 mile at any given time.
Flip the switch and red light comes on, set the speed with the thumb button and green light shows up on gauges.
1 mile later, it just releases. Red light stays on, no codes and light on gauges turns amber.
I can reset it again and it does the same thing........
Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have ABS brakes, have the brake fluid checked for water. Had the same problem with my 2013 RGU. Had service done on bike and they found water in the brake fluid. Flushed brake lines and have not had the problem since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
clutch switch failing

I had the same thing happen when I was traveling across Canada...clutch switch was going out, easy replacement and it has worked since.

·
Registered
108 Posts
radio out and cruise not engaging

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-rushmore-models/1053522-unresponsive-cruise-control-and-gear-indicator.html

I had a problem last year when my cruise would kick out and the gear indicator would drop out and come back on while riding. It just happened again... so I'm taking it to be repaired this week. I'll update when I have a solution.

Any update? Just the other day my 12 RGC...my radio decided to just shut off while riding and my cruise disengaged, the orange light stays on but won't engage and turn green.

I know the harmon radios have been problematic and seeing the cruise issues, I wonder if they are separate. I spoke to fuel moto tech today and he mentioned rear brake switch...and I do see how any issues with the brake levers or switches could cause cruise to shut off.

I parked the bike and road it home several hours later without issue.

Set up appt to have brake lines flushed in accordance with the TSB.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts